Hey, I need help... some more pairs of eyes to be on the lookout...

Thursday, April 7, someone broke into our house... at first, we didn't think anything had been stolen, then my roommate discovered that her cello was gone. Odd, but that appears to be the TOTAL extent of ANYTHING taken.

The thing is, this cello is COMPLETELY UNIQUE- as in, it was the ONLY one ever made, by the luthier that created it.

Here's some info on it:

The most distinctive feature: an inscription, from its maker "Charles F. McCook, Atlanta GA, 1987". If ANYONE sees ANY cello with this name inscribed on it, it HAS to be this one, as as I said before, it's the ONLY cello McCook EVER made...

It is, naturally, a "full size" cello, with a 29 7/8" length, an upper bout of 13 7/16", a middle bout of 9 3/16", and a lower bout of 17 1/2".

There is one spot, on the left bottom rear of the cello (as oriented to be held for playing by a musician), where there is an open seam, between the back and sides of the cello. The cello is finished in a light-orange brown varnish, over a yellow "ground" or base. The two-piece back, sides and scroll are of medium "flamed" maple, while the two-piece top is spruce.

With the cello, there is also a distinctive bow...the "stick" (main body of the bow) is stamped "Albert Nurmburger" above the "frog", and is made of pernambuco. The frog is ebony with silver fittings and a large pearl eye. The button is three part, silver and ebony with a pearl eye on the end. The stick has an ivory face plate (normally would be silver, but this one is ivory), and a grip of silver and leather.

The cello is kept in a new SKB case (less than 6 months old), black plastic with wheels, with top, side and face handles.

Anyone who happens to be looking a musical instruments on Ebay or anything similar, I'd appreciate it if you'd keep one eye out for this thing. The police and other officials suspect that given its unusual nature, that someone MIGHT try to place the cello on Ebay to move it out of the area to try to avoid being traced...

Or, as sometimes happens, it possibly might be pawned, somewhere in the Atlanta GA area. So, anyone local to here, please keep an eye open if you happen to be in a used musical instrument store or pawn shop or any other place of that ilk...

Thanks in advance... anyone who happens, by chance, to see anything they think MIGHT be it, PLEASE just email me: [email protected] .

Regards,
Gordon.