Thread: remove nameplate L-65

Question remove nameplate L-65

Hi, I would like to remove and old nameplate ( foilcal ) on my JBL L65 to replaced with the new ones that I recently buyed. There is that already made this and what test best manner to do this ?

tanks

Steve Gonzales

Heatgun

If you are talking about the folical, the best way is to use a heatgun. If you are not used to using one, be careful!, it may look like a hair dryer, but it is MUCH more powerful. One of the keys is using alot of MOVEMENT (with the heatgun). It's tricky to apply just the right amount of heat to the emblem but once you get it heated to the right point, you should be able to use a good, thin putty knife to get it off. They are very touchy. Don't rush it. Another method is a 50-75 watt HALOGEN spot lamp. Allow it to shine for about 5 minutes at about 2-5 inches from the emblem and test it on the edge very carefully to see if the adhesive is warm enough to allow removal. You will have to use common sense in order to prevent bending the tag. Good Luck!

gullahisland
    My wife does scrapbooking and she uses this stuff called "Un-Du" to remove stickers, etc. The nice thing about it is that it's totally safe to use even on paper (meaning no staining) and it leaves the adhesive sticky so that it can be reused if desired. And it works on the toughest of adhesives...not just cute little stickers.

A couple of small drops is all it takes and the bottle has a built-in plastic scraper.

Go to Michael's, Beverly's, JoAnn Fabrics or your local independent scrap book store and grab a bottle.
    Last edited by gullahisland; 03-07-2005 at 05:03 PM. Reason: It's called "Un-Du" not UnDo

Thread Information