i tried my best to slip in the back door to get some kits to know avail
when it comes to recone ,surrounds etc ,i get fustrated when you cant buy a recone kit ,because were not authorized, then you have to send it out and hope you get a quality job ,it seems that i have seen threads that hint to the same issue where people have paid for but not received a quality job ,unfortunitly for me i live in a rural area and dont have a local authorized center near by. i know i can send them out but i guess impatience on my part and lack of availibility of certain kits made that a time consuming option also . on 2 different occasions i have had warranty work done ,and that was a joke , in n.j. and va. and this last issue is what made me want to show what good work some ,not all ,i have just not had good results.
these woofers were done by a so called JBL auth. cntr in n.y. , so for me the east coast is not doing so well ,except for a place called stuarts audio in westfield n.j. the does excellent work.
it just suprises me that someone would pay money to have these done .
and jbl will recommend you to there auth cntrs to have surrounds put on ,if drivers are out of warranty ,i just think if this shop did this they should not be on the list ,JMHO and you know what they say about opinions
this issue is also what on ebay was described as having new surrounds which is true