Hi all!

This is my first post on this forum. I was simply AMAZED at the amount of information on the main site... hats off to its creators, and a big THANKS for sharing all the information with us!

I've been surrounded with JBL speakers ever since I was 11 (thanks uncle, wherever you are). Starting with a pair of JBL82s (8" woofer, titanium laminate tweeters), right through Control 5's, Control LA's, LX-22's and LX-66's.

I sold the Control 5's and the JBL82's some time ago. The Control LA's still perform as strong as ever - actually, when paired with a passive C-V sub, they sound pretty decent. I can't find the LX-22 woofers - the foam edges are destroyed by now...

Which leads me to the JBL-LX66s. Floorstanding, 3 way, 2 8" woofers, 1 4" mid, 1 titanium tweeter. They were recently replaced by a pair of MartinLogan Scenarios - and are now back again, reason being, the room they were playing in is HUGE, and the little Logans just didn't cut it.

I'm now looking for any info on the LX-66s. They were given to me as a gift a long time ago... 11 or 12 years, perhaps? I now have to decide whether to keep them or buy something new.

Any info on this speaker? FWIW, I feel it has superb (albet a bit underdamped) bass response. Mids and highs are too subdued, and an RTA analysis shows response at least is 5 dB down from around 1000 Hz and up. They are easy to listen to, non-fatiguing, and they throw an amazingly huge soundstage.

Thanks for any help!