Thread: JBL RANGER PARAGON Registration Ideal

JBL RANGER PARAGON Registration Ideal

I belong to a MOPAR forum and on someone's web site they have a registration for one of the rarer models of Dodge Super Bee (The extremely cool and fast 6 Pack Super Bee). My suggestion would be to perhaps create a JBL RANGER PARAGON Registration section on this BB. Since production of these were only a thousand or so it sure would be cool to know if some/most/all are still up and running and where they wound up. This would be a place where PARAGON owners could register there speaker by serial number and perhaps we could track down the production numbers and cross reference all the information about that particular unit.

Please let me know if this is of ANY interest to anyone here.

Only if it could be done anonymously....

Great idea...you can start with me.

Paragon #278 (ebony)
    All original components;
    150-4c
    N400
    N7000

There is a Tri-five Chevrolet Nomad Registry to locate all the Nomads
    produced during the 55-57 years and see how many have survived.

All the members enthusiastically swap info and stories about their Nomads.

The 57 Nomad was the most expensive and least produced passenger car during that year. (ex. 6100 or so compared to 49,000 '57 convertibles.)

Russ Howard

Maron Horonzakz
    Three Paragons .(walnut) One Metragon. Too heavy to drag out and check out serial numbers. ....I know of four Paragons and one Metragon that have been destroyed or beyond repair.

Smile

I have a paragon purchased new in 1978Serial #42386, le-15a #s 36579-80, 075 #s 127168-69.
    I replaced the le-15s with 2234s as an experiment. Greatly! improved base
    but at the expense of 3-d imaging (crossover problems the impedences are 12?-16ohm vs 8 ohm). Haven't switched them back. I also planned to replace the 075 diaphragms with the lighter 077s, but i need a pair of 2402s to mod. I am moving to a 1 bedroom condo at pensacola beach, Florida so I don't know what I will do with the paragon.

I have seen 4 other paragons, 1 at pecar electronics in Detroit & 2 in Akron, Ohio. Forest City a building supply store with a stereo dept.!! had one, and my neighbor had 1 (this was @1969). I also auditioned a used 1 in lancaster ohio that had been in a damp basement for many years.

I would like to hear the earliest version with the 150-woofers sometime. I have found the paragon to be very system dependent. It can sound a little harsh & glaring with some transistor components, but it is very smooth with my Atma-Sphere OTL tube amp & preamp. There is a group of paragon owners
    in Bavaria, maybe they can contribute some #s.
    Stephen C.

Alex Lancaster
    While You are at it, why donīt You try 2235īs, or glue some lead solder in the cone-spider junction, also, check the diaphragms of the 375's, and instead of just changing diaphs., try some 077/2405's, and please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by rpstephen
    I have a paragon purchased new in 1978Serial #42386, le-15a #s 36579-80, 075 #s 127168-69.
    I replaced the le-15s with 2234s as an experiment. Greatly! improved base
    but at the expense of 3-d imaging (crossover problems the impedences are 12?-16ohm vs 8 ohm). Haven't switched them back. I also planned to replace the 075 diaphragms with the lighter 077s, but i need a pair of 2402s to mod. I am moving to a 1 bedroom condo at pensacola beach, Florida so I don't know what I will do with the paragon.

I have seen 4 other paragons, 1 at pecar electronics in Detroit & 2 in Akron, Ohio. Forest City a building supply store with a stereo dept.!! had one, and my neighbor had 1 (this was @1969). I also auditioned a used 1 in lancaster ohio that had been in a damp basement for many years.

I would like to hear the earliest version with the 150-woofers sometime. I have found the paragon to be very system dependent. It can sound a little harsh & glaring with some transistor components, but it is very smooth with my Atma-Sphere OTL tube amp & preamp. There is a group of paragon owners
    in Bavaria, maybe they can contribute some #s.

I have an original 1957 Paragon and you are welcome to come by and give it a listen if you are near CA

Rafael
    Hi,

Here is one of the bavarian paragons:

Number 1191, walnut

LE 15a, 375, 075, original energizer (only for collection).
    Driven by triode amps and a dbx driverack in a big room -sounds good to me.

Rafael

Superbee,

Where in CA? It is a long state.
    had L25,L36,L40,L120,L300,AquariusIV(2),S1,4408 have L65,L100,L222,DorianS12,B380

Quote Originally Posted by Donald
    Superbee,

Where in CA? It is a long state.
    San Diego

Sorry, Its been a long time since I have been here.

Thread Information