Thread: Ha HA!

LOL How the hell did you find that??

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606
    LOL How the hell did you find that??

Rob
    Too many ornery buddies...........

Man, I'd like to tweak those tweeters. Of course I'd have to angle them in toward my sweet spot to get the best dispersion pattern.

I am so sick.
    Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Man, I'd like to tweak those tweeters. Of course I'd have to angle them in toward my sweet spot to get the best dispersion pattern.

I am so sick.
    I'm hoping the PC600 center might be there when I arrive home. Looking forward to checking it out. I'm trying to make headway in securing some PT800s, short of springing for the remans on Harman.

MBB

Quote Originally Posted by mikebake
    I'm hoping the PC600 center might be there when I arrive home. Looking forward to checking it out. I'm trying to make headway in securing some PT800s, short of springing for the remans on Harman.

MBB
    I hope they packed it well (or used original box).

I'd recommend a minimum of 200W to drive it, though it sounds pretty good with less. I've driven it with 100W (okay), 165W (sounds good), 200W (sounds great) and 235W (sounds even greater). Though there's precious little difference in volume because each amp is not 10X more powerful than the one before it, there's an appreciable improvement in overall sound with more power.

Also, I don't know if the unit's been driven before, but I think several hours of use will either a) improve the speaker's performance as the diaphragms and surrounds get damped into shape, or 2) your ears will adjust and you'll think the speaker's improved. Mine were a bit unsatisfactory at first.

Good luck! If you hate it, PM me for a lowball offer to take it off your hands.
    Out.

They did try to deliver it. I put the UPS tracking number in and discovered you can redirect the next delivery attempt, so it'll come to my work. Requires signature. "FROM" said JBL on the UPS form, so I have to think the box was the JBL box.
    Power. 200??
    Hmmm.
    I haven't studied the manual again lately; is the center susceptible to damage from being fed below 80hz like the PT800??

Smile

Power. 200??
    Hmmm.
    I haven't studied the manual again lately; is the center susceptible to damage from being fed below 80hz like the PT800??
    The PC600 and PT800 are rated at exactly the same frequency response (80Hz-22kHz), sensitivity (91dB), and power handling (50-250W). However the crossover points are different, and JBL makes it plain in more than one place in the manual NOT to send frequencies below 80Hz to the PT800s. However, there is no reference that I can find that states the same thing about the PC600.

Omission? I don't know, but I set the PC600 to "small" in my pre/pro just to be sure, and the center channel crossover is set at 80Hz.
    Out.

Yeah, I read the manual again, nothing mentioned on the PC600. I will set it at small, too, though. Should have it today. Next stop; perhaps a new receiver or pre, and an amp or too...and some damn PT800's.
    The PC600 and PT800 are rated at exactly the same frequency response (80Hz-22kHz), sensitivity (91dB), and power handling (50-250W). However the crossover points are different, and JBL makes it plain in more than one place in the manual NOT to send frequencies below 80Hz to the PT800s. However, there is no reference that I can find that states the same thing about the PC600.

Omission? I don't know, but I set the PC600 to "small" in my pre/pro just to be sure, and the center channel crossover is set at 80Hz.

It arrived, original box, looks fine. Grill cloth is peeled off some of the bottom of the grill. everything else looks fine. slight mark/rub on surround around mid, could just be dirt. Fine for used condition. Need to reglue grill cloth.
    I hope they packed it well (or used original box).

I'd recommend a minimum of 200W to drive it, though it sounds pretty good with less. I've driven it with 100W (okay), 165W (sounds good), 200W (sounds great) and 235W (sounds even greater). Though there's precious little difference in volume because each amp is not 10X more powerful than the one before it, there's an appreciable improvement in overall sound with more power.

Also, I don't know if the unit's been driven before, but I think several hours of use will either a) improve the speaker's performance as the diaphragms and surrounds get damped into shape, or 2) your ears will adjust and you'll think the speaker's improved. Mine were a bit unsatisfactory at first.

Good luck! If you hate it, PM me for a lowball offer to take it off your hands.

Obsolete
    Yeah, I read the manual again, nothing mentioned on the PC600.
    Well shoot. Another documentation problem? Feed it full range then and see if it blows. Let us know.

paragon

Wow

Wow !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Well shoot. Another documentation problem? Feed it full range then and see if it blows. Let us know.
    I assume you are thinking it should have the same restriction? I know, maybe someone could ask the designer!!
    I don't usually tend to ask too much of my speakers as it is, so I might not be the right tester. Then again, I like movies at life-like volumes now and then!
    No, the manual only mentions damage to the PT800 specifically.

Thumbs up

It arrived, original box, looks fine. Grill cloth is peeled off some of the bottom of the grill. everything else looks fine. slight mark/rub on surround around mid, could just be dirt. Fine for used condition. Need to reglue grill cloth.
    Great! I noticed the disclaimer about the cloth in the auction, so no surprise there. I'm keen to know how you re-attach it and how satisfied you are afterward with the method you use.

This is a chance for a little pictorial! Show us the defect, your means of repair, and the result.
    Out.

BTW, what happened to the original purpose of this thread? Shouldn't we get back on topic?

Out.

Thread Information