Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: The seeming demise of JBL OEM parts... and the subsequent devaluation of a brand?

Obsolete
    This thread is nearly seven years old. I just re-read Gordon's beginning post but didn't feel like reading anything else in it. We still can end up waiting anywhere from three to eighteen months for replacement parts or drivers. The thing is, sooner or later the parts have always shown up. I know that someday they won't. We've all been told many times that one day there just won't be any more.

I have several legacy JBL systems that I was planning on restoring but I've found that I've completely lost interest in the brand since learning at the beginning of this year that JBL is moving all of manufacturing out of the United States at the end of June.

I'm very probably going to be using Tannoy for my newest home theater system and I've been toying heavily with the idea of getting rid of every last JBL driver I own just to be rid of the whole mess once and for all. I have next to no desire to finish putting together my extremely expensive Array system. My wife thinks I should just pack it all up and see how I feel about it in a few years. She's probably right.

I view the 1400 Array and the Everest II as the end of the line. There is a new system coming out but my last glimmer of interest was killed after talking to you know who. Who knows how I'll feel in a year or two or three or four...

JBL isn't the only company moving everything they possibly can out of the United States. Quite frankly they all disgust me. I view it as Corporate Treason and them as losers because they can't seem to be able to run their businesses profitably. I really don't care who's fault it is, employees, management, stock holders, government, etc. I'll just chalk it up to them being failures and go on with my life.

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    This thread is nearly seven years old. I just re-read Gordon's beginning post but didn't feel like reading anything else in it. We still can end up waiting anywhere from three to eighteen months for replacement parts or drivers. The thing is, sooner or later the parts have always shown up. I know that someday they won't. We've all been told many times that one day there just won't be any more.

I have several legacy JBL systems that I was planning on restoring but I've found that I've completely lost interest in the brand since learning at the beginning of this year that JBL is moving all of manufacturing out of the United States at the end of June.

I'm very probably going to be using Tannoy for my newest home theater system and I've been toying heavily with the idea of getting rid of every last JBL driver I own just to be rid of the whole mess once and for all. I have next to no desire to finish putting together my extremely expensive Array system. My wife thinks I should just pack it all up and see how I feel about it in a few years. She's probably right.

I view the 1400 Array and the Everest II as the end of the line. There is a new system coming out but my last glimmer of interest was killed after talking to you know who. Who knows how I'll feel in a year or two or three or four...

JBL isn't the only company moving everything they possibly can out of the United States. Quite frankly they all disgust me. I view it as Corporate Treason and them as losers because they can't seem to be able to run their businesses profitably. I really don't care who's fault it is, employees, management, stock holders, government, etc. I'll just chalk it up to them being failures and go on with my life.
    I trust you posted this "rant" on the JBL Harman forum and was told no one cares anymore. (because they all got fired)

Saw the Harman video on the link Don posted recently. We should make that clip a sticky.

He was actually serious about the business he owned and its cause like a proper Yank should be .

Well I guess its back to Beatice Foods syndrome "again".

Quote Originally Posted by 4313B View Post
    ... I'm very probably going to be using Tannoy for my newest home theater system ...
    Care to share which model(s) you are thinking about?

Obsolete
    The Definition Install DC12i, but the DC6i and DC8i aren't out of the running.

Saw the Harman video on the link Don posted recently. We should make that clip a sticky.

He was actually serious about the business he owned and its cause like a proper Yank should be .

It was a good clip. I believed him.

Maron Horonzakz
    4313B,,,,,Tannoy has some of there speakers made in the pacific rim,,, But the Flagship Tannoy Westminster Royal are still made in England.. Even the English Quad electrostatic is now made in China..

The federal, state, and local governments in the United States are OUT-OF-CONTROL.

Managers of companies like Harman are only reacting to the conditions created by bad government and they are allocating capital offshore where it can provide returns to investors who are the providers of capital.

We are the next GREECE!

Should I be hording diaphragms for the 2405 since it is my favorite JBL driver?

Quote Originally Posted by robertbartsch View Post
    Should I be hording diaphragms for the 2405 since it is my favorite JBL driver?
    Please don't start another political rant to derail a perfectly civil conversation ...
    We are not Greece - that's just a rude and a ridiculous claim ...

Ignoring all of that -

...if you have drivers you really like, I would highly recommend buying spare parts ahead of time, anticipate the need!
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    I would highly recommend buying spare parts ahead of time, anticipate the need!
    agree but what about for our future generations?

Maron Horonzakz
    Ratit,,,Stop reproducing.

Ah Hem

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    4313B,,,,,Tannoy has some of there speakers made in the pacific rim,,, But the Flagship Tannoy Westminster Royal are still made in England.. Even the English Quad electrostatic is now made in China..
    SCOTLAND actually

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&so...260.55,,0,7.24

4313B you wouldn't have a nice pair of 240Ti speakers you want to sell do you?

Maron Horonzakz
    Macaroonie,,,,I worked for a Scott...Built the best fighter plane in the world,,,McDonnell Phantom II..

Bullseye

That in fact is my surname.

Quote Originally Posted by Maron Horonzakz View Post
    Macaroonie,,,,I worked for a Scott...Built the best fighter plane in the world,,,McDonnell Phantom II..
    Which one did you work for, James or Sanford? Both? I went to school with Sanford's son.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Maron Horonzakz
    Yes,,,James and Sanford...Plus John McDonnell,,,Under his watch the company sold to Boeing....But that is another terrible story.

Thread Information