Thread: domes

domes

Are replacement domes available for the tweeters used in the 4411, specifically the 044s? Looking at a pair on ebay and one is absolutley concave. Can this be replaced at home or must a pro do it with tools and gauges?

Obsolete
    I actually have some good 044 diaphragms available. You should use a signal generator to align them. These days that's easy with a computer sound card and software.

Google some signal generator or frequency generator software to download.

I have signal generators and impedance meters, as well as an O-scope. what is the procedure? Do you use sweeps around the FS or is it based more on output?

I might be able to get these cheap because of the crinkled dome, people are afraid of fixing anything nowadays

Obsolete
    Assemble the unit with the mounting screws just barely tight. Set your oscillator to 2 kHz and tweek the assembly until no buzzing can be heard. Tighten the screws while listening and adjusting to prevent buzzing. Run a sweep from 2 kHz to 12 kHz and listen for anomalies. You should keep the voltage to 2 volts and you should use a network between the amp and 044.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Assemble the unit with the mounting screws just barely tight. Set your oscillator to 2 kHz and tweek the assembly until no buzzing can be heard. Tighten the screws while listening and adjusting to prevent buzzing. Run a sweep from 2 kHz to 12 kHz and listen for anomalies. You should keep the voltage to 2 volts and you should use a network between the amp and 044.
    I have a 034 that I replaced the diaphram in years ago and it had a different impedance peak and overall different curve than another 034 I have. I never thought about adjusting the screws and sweeping the driver. Can this be a way to match a pair of tweeters?

BTW I am going to bid on those tweeters, If I win I will need to get a new diaprham from you

Thread Information