Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Who's got Yuri's Amp??

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Pachkowsky
    Try calling Harman and ask them to do that.
    We did call them and they sent us something like $8,000 worth of drivers without batting an eye.

Anyway... I know what you mean... It figures UPS would lose it...

My mistake -

2,100,000.00 JPY Japan Yen = 19,879.94 USD United States Dollars

As a matter of fact!

You could make a movie on this friggin saga.

Unbelievable!

I doubt we will ever see another manufacturer do what Uri did as a result of this. Don’t get me wrong. The language barrier (I believe) played a major roll in the misunderstandings related to this thread but it does not change the fact that Uri did a very nice thing by making it available to test. Try calling Harman and ask them to do that.

Although misunderstood and somewhat abrasive, he should be applauded for his effort and generosity.

Ken
    Allen and Heath, a very good manufacturer of mixers from Great Britain has sent me their top of the line V6 mixer to use, and evaluate! They sent it to me from the UK for 1 month.
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    We did call them and they sent us $8,000 worth of drivers without batting an eye.

Anyway... I know what you mean... It figures UPS would lose it...

Well, I see your point but Project May can hardly be used as an example. It's simply on a different scale. If it were not for this site and Don's efforts I doubt they would have. You know it.

Anyway, I just feel bad for the guy. I think he was seriously misunderstood. What he meant was, why go to a subordinate when the creator is at your beck and call. To imply he thought he was God is ridiculous. He should have chosen his words better but he simply does not have a good command of English.

Personally, I am ashamed of how he was treated. Also, I could have defended him earlier, but did not want to get involved with a negative scenario so I am just as guilty as anyone else. But, seeing the amp dissapear is just the final straw. Its an damned shame.

Have a great day bud.

Ken

There's hope:

In 25 years of routine shipping with UPS, they only lost one item.

It showed up 6 months later.

They had paid off $100 on a $1500 item.

[And didn't ask for it back... ]

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Allen and Heath, a very good manufacturer of mixers from Great Britain has sent me their top of the line V6 mixer to use, and evaluate! They sent it to me from the UK for 1 month.
    Scott

Well, there ya go. Maybe I will start doing that. Asking manufacturers for loaner's.

I knew I would get blasted for this. So be it, does not change the facts IMHO.

Nice to hear from you Scott, I read your post about trying other eq's rather than the Whites. Your hard core anolog bud and stubborn, just like me.

Ken

Obsolete
    Well, I see your point but Project May can hardly be used as an example. It's simply on a different scale. If it were not for this site and Don's efforts I doubt they would have. You know it.
    No, I really don't know it. I figure this site had quite alot to do with Yuri making the decision to ship an amp over here.

What was the final deal Scott? Did you pay him for that amp? Who decided it was to be donated to Project May?

I decided!

No, I really don't know it. I figure this site had quite alot to do with Yuri making the decision to ship an amp over here.

What was the final deal Scott? Did you pay him for that amp? Who decided it was to be donated to Project May?
    The PSS 1200 was mine to do with as I please. It was my amp.

I have Yuris amp packed, ready to go, and I have to take it to UPS, because shipping overseas cant be done from a local pick up! Thats what UPS told me! When the A & H V6 got here, they called me, FedEx, to get my federal tax ID number! Otherwise, they couldnt deliver! I recieved a fax sheet from FedEx and it had Homeland security stamped on it! Made me feel kind of weird!

Ill get Yuris amp back to him this week. Incidentally, i had been to my bank about this about 4 weeks ago, and they still cannot find the money, and when i asked for a full refund, they say they first have to find the money, I walked out pissed off, Im just over it!
    scottyj

Obsolete
    Thanks for the clarification.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    I have Yuris amp packed, ready to go, and I have to take it to UPS, because shipping overseas cant be done from a local pick up! Thats what UPS told me! When the A & H V6 got here, they called me, FedEx, to get my federal tax ID number! Otherwise, they couldnt deliver! I recieved a fax sheet from FedEx and it had Homeland security stamped on it! Made me feel kind of weird!

Ill get Yuris amp back to him this week. Incidentally, i had been to my bank about this about 4 weeks ago, and they still cannot find the money, and when i asked for a full refund, they say they first have to find the money, I walked out pissed off, Im just over it!
    This kind of sh!t just gets weirder and weirder in this country. Important institutions (like banks) screwing up and feeling just fine about sticking it to us. Or government agencies like TSA and Homeland Security (who came up with that f***ing name, anyway, Hitler's nephew?) that do all kinds of "make work" annoying sh!t to hassle citizens so we think they must be doing something, when all they're doing is flushing our money down the toilet by overspending, spreading misinformation, exporting jobs, exporting militarism, driving up prices, and shoving it up our butts, all the while pretending to care about us while questioning our patriotism.

All that said, the package delivery service in this country works pretty well.
    Out.

Where is the last place the tracking number shows?

Quote Originally Posted by JBLnsince1959
    Where is the last place the tracking number shows?
    Perhaps I should have been more clear - UPS delivered it to Louped Garouv's porch, or so says their web site. It simply says "Porch" when you track it. He says it wasn't there when he got home and none of his neighbors grabbed it for him.

Here is the tracking # for all to see: 1z5ar1520300092407

jblnut

Obsolete
    Ah!

That pretty much takes care of that then.

I'd do a perimeter check and see where UPS might have hid it. They put stuff all around my house - under bushes, in the garage if it's unlocked, behind the fence, underneath 55 gal cans, yada, yada, yada. Of course May 2nd was awhile ago...

Oh, and they've also delivered stuff to old addresses. If you've moved in the last five years I'd check all your previous addresses too. No, I'm not kidding. I've found stuff at two different previous addresses, the people where kind enough to hang on to the stuff for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Dome
    Or government agencies like TSA and Homeland Security (who came up with that f***ing name, anyway, Hitler's nephew?)
    No, no, no... not Hitler's nephew... Goebbels' ace student, Carl Rove.

I'd do a perimeter check and see where UPS might have hid it. They put stuff all around my house - under bushes, in the garage if it's unlocked, behind the fence, underneath 55 gal cans, yada, yada, yada. Of course May 2nd was awhile ago...
    Seriously, Bo has a similar story where a mixing console was hidden in some bushes.

Widget

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

I have already checked the bushes, neighbors, etc

but I will check my condominium front porch (about three miles away) and check with the neighbors there as well..... (hadn't thought to look at another address!)

Obsolete
    Yeah, call them and see exactly which porch it was delivered to.

Thread Information