Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's got Yuri's Amp??

You sir, are a lunatic in dire need of medication...

I ask you where the amp should go next (in a PM), you then take that PM, post it to everyone and tell me to FO ???

WTF ?????

Well folks, I'm officially done being nice to this man. I would sell the amp on ebay just to spite him, but if others here have some kind of rightful claim to this thing, speak up and be convincing. I'm less than motivated to play nice at this point...

jblnut

Quote Originally Posted by PSS AUDIO
    As no one is interested testing anymore the amp, do whatever you want with it!

Keep it, throw it away, make Bush a present, send it back to Scott (he may then pay me the money he owes me since months) ...

Ship it to Lancaster he is so jealous not being on the list reviewing the amp, he may then keep quiet.

In 2 words: F... O..!

Obsolete
    Scott? Should we eBay it and get Yuri the money he says is owed him? I'd be curious to see how much it would go for. What do you have into it?

Did you try it on your new 250Ti's jblnut?

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    Scott? Should we eBay it and get Yuri the money he says is owed him? I'd be curious to see how much it would go for. What do you have into it?

I have not tried it on the 250ti's since the new xovers came in. However, it spent a week at a good friend's house. His system is analog nirvana - LP12/Sumiko Blue Point Special, Conrad/Johnson tube pre, Hot-rodded Dynaco ST-70 tube amp. Speakers are Klipsch Forte's but don't hold that against him . He wanted to try the amp to see what big transistor power would do. In short, he liked the power but not much else. It wasn't as clear, the micro-details were lost, the imaging wasn't as good and there was surprisingly less bass. Overall he didn't hate it (his brother did tho) but didn't love it. I did some listening over there and he's right on all counts - it's no where near his Dynaco for serious listening.

I'll get off my ass and get a post together about the 250ti's soon (with pictures). My wife and I had a few hours today without kids in the house and I couldn't resist finishing the project (adding the batteries and bi-wiring with the second big Yamaha).

She was stunned and I can't get the grin off my face. I saw the clipping lights on my PC2002M (running the LE14's) for the first time *ever*. It just kept sounding better the louder it went. It never got harsh and we both wanted to keep listening....

Giskard...you rock !

jblnut

Listen Upp

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard

Yuri was paid for the second amp he sent me. It went to where he said, and it got lost because he gave the wrong bank account info! I have been to my bank several times on this matter and the money HAS NOT BEEN FOUND! NOR has it been returned to me!

I am just going to send Yuri BACK the second amp, I WILL NOT pay twice, for something I DID in fact pay for in the first place!

As for the amp thats in circulation right now, IF Don decides he doesnt want it, thats fine, Ebay it and donate the funds to the forum! or better yet, send it to Yuri, maybe that will help!

Yuri talks down to everyone and anyone who doesnt agree with him, and doesnt admit his own screw ups! I am no thief, I am no cheat, but I am not paying twice for the second amplifier, PERIOD!

DO NOT SEND the PSS1200 back to me, IT WILL NEVER be in my rack for all to see, REGARDLESS of how it sounds!

Mr. Gutstatz, you shall recieve the PSS300/600 you made for me, via international shipping! I have not been refunded the original funds I wire transferred to the bank account you specified, and I have no idea where it is, who has it, or if you got it and dont know that either! However, I dont want you to feel screwed either!

I can say for sure, I am EXTREMELY glad I did NOT get into the venture you had proposed to me, to import, distribute, and sell, and represent PSS Audio here in the U.S.!

Yuri, you make a decent sounding amp, but your demeanor is .

Any other questions, my dear forumites?
    scottyj

Quote Originally Posted by scott fitlin
    Yuri talks down to everyone and anyone ... PERIOD!

Any other questions, my dear forumites?
    Nope. You nailed it.

jblnut - thanks for the informative descriptive post. Would LOVE to see some pics of Giskard's design / handiwork!
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

JBL Nut,

I would like to ear more about the Sumiko Blue Point special, I was thinking about the Shelter 501 as a result of a great review, better than the budget 301 and im some ways better than the 901$0000.

I think vinyl is the true test on any system and your 250TI's should sound superb.

The ST 70 has been around a long time basically because its good and has a cult following. But to compare a PA SS amp with a tube hot rod would be night and day no matter what you compared against.

About the list, isn't Subwoofer near you, up near NY state..Fingerlakes?

Ian

Alex Lancaster
    And I thought We were done with the whole BS; Alas, poor Yuri.

N E X T

OK Folks...

I'm done with this amp and would like to send it on its way. Please PM me if you want to audition it. I'll send it to the closest person that responds from the US (I'm near Boston). I will pay to ship it to you, you pay to send it on to the next person.

Some useful info:

1) This is a PA amp - it has a loud fan, XLR ins and Speakon outs.

2) I will include some Parts Express Speakon adapters so that you can use regular speaker wire. The XLR-1/4 adapters I'm keeping but you can order some yourself from PE.

3) The amp is heavy (40lbs or so) so you will spend at least $30 when it's your turn to ship it on...

4) Yuri may be a good amp designer but he's also unstable when the meds run out. PM him if you need help or have questions, but be prepared for anything in response....

Step right up, don't be shy....

jblnut

The amp is on the way back across the US to the Rockies. Mr Louped Garouv will be giving it the next workout. We eagerly await his analysis (and whatever Yuri has to add...).

jblnut

Quote Originally Posted by jblnut
    ....(and whatever Yuri has to add...).

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"
    I can't wait....

anyone see a silver amp fall off a truck ?

For those that are keeping track of this saga, UPS seems to have lost the amp between Boston and Denver. A claim has been opened...we'll see what happens....

I'll fess up now - I didn't purchase any extra insurance because I'm a dumb-ass . I've never had UPS lose anything before....live and learn.

Hopefully they will find it...otherwise the meager funds recovered from UPS will be donated to the site. My sincerest apologies to all - especially Yuri - for this latest turn of events in this saga.

jblnut

D'oh!

Widget

formerly "the city where imagination takes precedence over fact"

I am the intended recipient...

and also never had any issues with UPS deliveries......

I've had all kinds of gear left on my porch with no incident over the last three years....

All I can say is that this REALLY SUCKS ; Makes me want to

I will keep an eye out at the local pawnshops, pro-audio shops, etc. to see if a PSS amp shows up; they can't be very common in Denver (or the US for that matter)...

Jesus Murphy

You could make a movie on this friggin saga.

Unbelievable!

I doubt we will ever see another manufacturer do what Uri did as a result of this. Don’t get me wrong. The language barrier (I believe) played a major roll in the misunderstandings related to this thread but it does not change the fact that Uri did a very nice thing by making it available to test. Try calling Harman and ask them to do that.

Although misunderstood and somewhat abrasive, he should be applauded for his effort and generosity.

Ken

Thread Information