Thread: Cool 2397 Smith horn set-up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Steve Gonzales

Cool 2397 Smith horn set-up

My Bud in N.Y. just picked up these original JBL 2397's with rare 2329 dual throat adapters. He is beginning the initial trial runs with the 2435 HPL Be. Vertec drivers installed with aftermarket repro 1.5 to 2" adapters. I thought you would get a kick out of seeing these. Enjoy

Steve Gonzales

more

Steve Gonzales

yessir E

cool stuff.

Alex Lancaster
    Awesome, pls lt Us know how it sounds.

JBL Dog
    very cool!

So, what kinda of do-it-yourself JBL project is it sitting on?

This message comes from JBL Dog

Steve Gonzales

Diy

I know that the enclosure(s) is a L200 with a 136a, a 2202(?), 2312/2420, 2405 originally. I'm not really sure about the midbass, I'll have to ask him again. Super cool guy, very humble about his stuff and quite a private person, I've tried to get him to join the LHS but he prefers to just do his own thing ,although he does admire the LHS site and monitors the Forum from time to time. He has owned MANY pairs of 4343's,4333's,4315,L200L300's and just about EVERY great JBL model both PRO and Consumer. He purchased some L250 crossovers and a UREI 525 electronic crossover and some sweet 300B tube amps so it is time to tinker to see what he can put together. He is responsible for my newfound love of compression drivers. He consulted me when I first tried to figure out the Summit horn swap into my L222's. I first installed the LE85's with HL87 1500hz horns attached and was VERY,VERY dissappointed. He said that I needed a longer horn and so I researched the conical horn info on the LHS and Jammin' Jersey site to find the correct 800hz horn and have NEVER looked back. I will fill in the blanks as the project progresses along for those with interest.

Thread Information