Thread: How does all that sound come out of this little box?

How does all that sound come out of this little box?

I just picked up my L96's and hooked them up and,lo and behold. These liitle beasts sound extremely well. I don't have my L100's from years ago so I can compare side by side but my memory serves me well and I have to say that the L96's IMHO are more enjoyable.

The L100's had just a boomy base and I thought that was what I was looking for but now that I heard these L96's I realize that boomy bass is not what I was looking for. The bass on these are more appealing to my ear and it does not overcome the mids and the high's but blend's in perfectly.

I played comfortably numb by Pink Floyd and it sound's amazing on these speakers. These speakers should be in everyone's home.

It still amazes me to this day how JBL can get such sound from such a smalll box. After listening to these I would have to say that they beat the L100's hands down IMO. The mids and highs are very appealing at least to my ears and the bass is incredible and not as boomy as the L100's.

I used the Soprano's theme song to check the bass and these L96's are no sloutch. Ever want to check bass on a speaker use that theme song,you won't be sorry. I can not explain in technical terms what I hear when listening to these but all I can say is that they please my ear's very much.

My 250ti's are finally here,they are on the truck for delivery today. I will post some better pictures of them when I unpack them. 250ti's and L96's together I'm sure will be an experience for me.Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by kingjames View Post
    I just picked up my L96's and hooked them up and,lo and behold. These liitle beasts sound extremely well. I don't have my L100's from years ago so I can compare side by side but my memory serves me well and I have to say that the L96's IMHO are more enjoyable.

The L100's had just a boomy base and I thought that was what I was looking for but now that I heard these L96's I realize that boomy bass is not what I was looking for. The bass on these are more appealing to my ear and it does not overcome the mids and the high's but blend's in perfectly.

I played comfortably numb by Pink Floyd and it sound's amazing on these speakers. These speakers should be in everyone's home.

It still amazes me to this day how JBL can get such sound from such a smalll box. After listening to these I would have to say that they beat the L100's hands down IMO. The mids and highs are very appealing at least to my ears and the bass is incredible and not as boomy as the L100's.

I used the Soprano's theme song to check the bass and these L96's are no sloutch. Ever want to check bass on a speaker use that theme song,you won't be sorry. I can not explain in technical terms what I hear when listening to these but all I can say is that they please my ear's very much.

My 250ti's are finally here,they are on the truck for delivery today. I will post some better pictures of them when I unpack them. 250ti's and L96's together I'm sure will be an experience for me.Can't wait!
    Kingjames, I'm glad you like the L96. I knew you would. I look forward to your 250Ti impressions.
    Paying debt to Karma...

Me too...the 250Ti's put my jaw on the floor when I got my pair 2 weeks ago

A little OT.

You guys are making me sad , my 250 are apart awaiting attention. I am working on them tonight, hope to have them playing by 10pm, finish the install of Charge Coupled XO,new 104s, I will have to borrow the tweeters from the 120s until the 250s come back from being Aquaplased . the new foam was ordered today for the 14-1s. I am getiing giddy just typing this .

Enjoy those bad boys!!!

Mark

Thread Information