Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: L100A brilliance and presence setting help

JBL reserves the right to change specifications without notice. Your foilcal looks the same as the ones on the raffle speakers. There was an even later version that had the 123A-3 woofer.

How can I verify which woofer I have without opening the cabinet ? I thaught I had the 123A-3 woofer

fraula
    Hello Viking, I think you have to take out the woofer to see which model you have... but i am akmost sure that you have the "123A-3" woofer...

Regards,

Fred,

Was about to take some close up pictures of the speaker and inside, when my semi-new Powershot A40 refuse to work , ask for new batteries all the time, cant even take pictures with USB connected - a HW or SW problem, better dump it south. So did order a Casio Z55, expected arrival during nex week

Seems the whole world gets digitized and equipment work or dosnt work, and you cant repair it. Former Mercedes E class had plenty of electrical problems too - fault in material used for the cabling, software and computer problems - seats begins to move without asking for it - sprinklers puts whater on the windscreen when not commanded - gearshift randomly - in the old days you could repair the stuff your self - now you have to return the whole product back to the manufaturer and wait and hope.

Glad to receive a pair of L100 close to 30 years old, and still working. If something breaks I can repair it my self.

Z55 casio

Bought one 3 months ago, neat but you still get no instruction manual!!!!!!

You L100 fans might get a kick out of this. It shows a response plot of one of my L100 Centuries. Take a look at post #3.

http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...ead.php?t=4624

Widget

Photo front panel

Hello all, I´m back. Finaly got the new camera to take some pictures - changed my mind so got the casio S100 instead.

Here is a photo of the front panel so you can see the controls. I did promise to take some pictures of the inside - this has to wait a few weeks I take the family to Havana on Tuesady.

Quality is quite OK for such a small camera.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Off topic - Z55 / S100

Quote Originally Posted by Bill H.
    Bought one 3 months ago, neat but you still get no instruction manual!!!!!!
    Changed my mind and got the S100 instead - ver very slim, takes good pictures too if you give it the light it needs.

Manual is on CD ROM and huge so thats why its only on CD, it would fill more than the full camera packing if on paper. I suppose this is the way manuals will be in the future, we better get used to it.

Wish I could take as good close-up pics!!!

My Olympus D-370 doesn't do good on close-ups!
    40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

Obsolete
    Even in macro mode?

RIP 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofagun
    My Olympus D-370 doesn't do good on close-ups!
    Out of curiosity, I just checked. The D-370 does have a macro function allowing for sharp focus from 9.84 - 23.62 in. Not the closest, but better than none. Check the instruction manual for how to turn the macro function on and you should be able to get pretty good closeups, at least down to about 10".

John

THANK Q!!! JUST TRIED IT AND GOT SOME FAIRLY GOOD PICS.

GOTTA 'SPERIMENT SUMOR!

Now if I cood figger out this hosting/posting stuff...doh!

Me and compuketers are...

40+ years of sacrifice...and for what???

Viking's Foilcal Photo

I have the same foilcal on my L100A as in Vikings photo. Woofer is 123A-3. I still have the Instruction manual that came with the speakers.

I Quote "The controls are calibrated in terms of a laboratory standard reference level, indicated by a "5" on the instruction plate. When both the Presence and Brilliance controls are set at this level, the loudspeaker system will be adjusted for balanced performance characteristics in a reverberation-free environment. Since most listening rooms possess varying degrees of high frequency absorption and reflection, some adjustment of the controls is usually preferred."

The manual then goes on to explain how to arrive at specific settings. If anyone wants more I'll try to get the manual scaned.

Obsolete
    It would be nice to get the L100A Owner's Manual

Here's one version -

http://manuals.harman.com/JBL/HOM/Ow...ual/L100om.pdf

standing up on side

My L100 Century's are moving to a new place in the house, specifically on some built in book shelves. Is there any harm laying them on their side so the Woofer, tweeter are about ear level. Esthetically speaking they would look better, But I would sacrifice if it meant keeping the awesome sound intact. The lowest shelf/top of lower cabinet is about ear level The whole wall is about 18 feet wide, built ins to the ceiling split by a fireplace. What would the maximum lateral spacing be. Any suggestions would be appreciated

Thread Information