I've heard some of those old "marketing" speakers . They were messed up for sure BUT where would you buy something better today ? In the 70's and 80's there were hifi stores that had kabukis and good speakers too , now there is NOTHING . there is only target ,kmart and wal-mart and they have NOTHING . No matter what you are willing to pay they have only plastic landfill material that would make the oft maligned L100 century seem DAZZLING , MESMERIZING EVEN !

If I travel 2 hrs away there is a shop which has 1 pair of older jbl's , not the lsr's but the ones right before them . They also have some EONS that's about it . on the other end of that town there is (WAS ?) a guy with a rented basement in an old store that had some $40,000 + tannoys , I believe , which I honestly didn't like as much as my own jbl "project" speakers .4628b meets en5 basically , but they've evolved over time .

Let me tell you this dude was playing some vinyl for us thru some small rega??? speakers to show us that they could really rock for their size he cued jeff beck thelonious monk , which made me grin as soon as I heard the first notes and recognized the tune . I couldn't help myself , I said I have some JBL speakers that will absolutely kill on this tune . pissed him off . I did tell him that they sounded good for their size and better than anything you can get at wal-mart but my diplomacy can only stretch so far ...

most (probably all ?) of those weirdo speakers pictured in this post would seriously outperform those regas which some loafer and chino wearing snooty dude thought were the real deal . He was the owner of a hifi store and knew that his regas were better than my jbl's without even knowing what jbl's I had ....

I have to watch ebay and post in the classifieds here to try and get anything good. thats all I'm sayin' !