Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jbl Blue Grill Cloth

Steve Gonzales

Jbl Blue Grill Cloth

Here we go again!. I've found some more cloth at a little obscure upholstery shop here in Bakersfield, Ca. This is real grill cloth, specifically made for this purpose. I was able to get a very small sample to test. Question: Would someone like to test this against the original stuff? The last batch from Carmotives was okay but this is a better ,true Navy blue and it has a much better looking weave and a very LOW sheen. The shop has a HUGE roll of this stuff and I'd like to find some for the many on this site in need of this material. I am going to keep looking until we find some!. Any takers? This is a picture of the old CM stuff against the new(bottom), sorry for the bad pic, it looks alot better in person and MUCH more of a true blue

Steve Gonzales

one more

Man it is HARD to get a good pic! On the right is the Car Domain stuff Zilch and I tested.

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    Would someone like to test this against the original stuff?
    I think we've pretty much determined that there is no such thing. The bolts varied over the years.

Steve Gonzales

right

I do understand that there is no PERFECT match because of the variation but I think we can find something at least suitable for a no other choice situation. Do you have some JBL's with the OG cloth Giskard? Wanna at least try it? Send me a PM with your address and I will send it to you.

I have a pair of 4333's with perfect original grill cloth on them. I would like to build similar looking grill frames for my L-100's,if the cloth were close enough. If you wanted, send me a weenie piece,and I'll see how close it is to the original.

Thanks,Tim

Hey Steve,

I'm interested. You have a PM. I've got maybe 4 large JBL's (L300/4333A and a few small ones, L40/L19 that I'd like to try this on. Wonder what it might look like on a large Advent?)

Thanks.

Bart

Steve Gonzales

thanks

I've got 2 swatches going out tomorrow and now we will see what the DEAL-LEE- OH is. If anything, it is at least fun to try....

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Gonzales
    Do you have some JBL's with the OG cloth Giskard?
    Four 4430's and two bolts of the stuff.

Steve Gonzales

Hey now!

Damn Giskard, That is some SERIOUS speakerage Sir! I'm impressed, I've got two bolts also but they're sticking out of my NECK, FIRE BAD! UMMMM....

Alexander
    Steve,

I'd be interested in 2 to 3 yds of the new find, how wide are the bolts. I need to make some frames for my L100's. Send me a PM for the cost. Thanks..a

Hi Steve

Steve
    The last batch from Carmotives was okay but this is a better ,true Navy blue and it has a much better looking weave and a very LOW sheen.
    It looks to be very good. I would like to test it on my project "JBL and TL". Could you specify the width of the new blue stuff ?

I will send you a PM with detailes after you measured the width.

Best Regards
    Flodstroem

Steve Gonzales

Hello to our Nordic friends!

I would have to go back and measure it at the shop but I know it is either 54" or 60" . I am sure that it is at LEAST 54" wide. The cost is 14.95 per yard + the 7.25% california sales tax and shipping. I want to assure everyone that is interested that I will not make one red cent and don't want to. I just want to find some suitable replacement cloth for everyone that wants and needs it . From what I saw there, they have quite a bit of the stuff and when I asked if they could get more of it and if it would be EXACTLY the same, they said yes to both questions. Let me know in a PM if I can help you. TTYL, Steve G

Steve Gonzales

Update

Damn if i didn't go back there today after a big response and ask if they could order up some more of this EXACT SAME cloth and they said they were SORRY and that they were mistaken, the blue cloth that they CAN get is the same as the Car Motive stuff I said "Do you realize I told over 1,000 people that this cloth was available without fail?" SH*T !!!!. I did buy the 21 feet by 60" that they had left, the HUGE roll had a large cardboard spool that it was on and I didn't see that before ! There is some good news, although they said that they couldn't get more and WOULDN"T give me the Manufacterers contact information because they said "it would anger their source and they didn't want to risk that", I luckily overheard them say the name when they were talking in the backroom and i went home and googled it and to my suprise, it was the right place. I got the contact info and called and talked to a sales rep who said," send me small swatch of the stuff and I will do all I can to find out what can be done". I know that I'm taking this too serious but I HATE to be stumped! I do apologize for the let down for all those who already ordered some. I will divide it up and send what i can to those who have already asked for some and believe me when I say that I'm making it my MISSION to follow through with my contact at the Mill to see if we can get a new batch. thank you for your patience, I'm sorry that I let you down, it WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! ,Steve Gonzales

jtgyn

Not me!

G'Day Steve,
    You have spent so much time searching for the "blue" grail.

Let down by you?

Nope not me!! (and I doubt anyone else)

Thanks for all your hard detective work !!

Regards Scott

Alexander
    Got to tell you Steve has literally jumped through hoops to bring this cloth to the lucky few...the material/color looks really good...I am planning to use it as an alternative grill cover for my old L100's...foams been shot for years and I cannot seem to get hook up with foam for a while...outstanding job Steve! and thanks much....

Thread Information