Thread: Helping tool when re-coning !

Helping tool when re-coning !

Hi you re-coners, a tip?

It must be a good help when gluing cones, domes etc.... to use a rotary table which make you to not to have to rotate the basket/speaker by your selv, but the table do the job and you only hold the gluingtube to get a profesional gluing result ?

If you would like to build a rotary table to be used when re-coning loudspeakers maybe this could be an idea: ebay, item # 3869489227 (recently I bought one, and seller has more of them upp on auqtion)

Best Regards
    Flodstroem

That is exactly the way Chris at G.P.A. performs the task,I had the full back room tour and saw the master at work. Next time i stop in there i will snap some pics and post.

Yep, it's very useful.

If you're really cheap (like me ), you can just go to Home Depot, Lowes, etc... and buy a 6" diameter "lazy susan". Just bolt it onto the bottom of like a 12" or so, round or square piece of MDF... instant woofer stand!

Regards,
    Gordon.

Pics of "back Room"

John
    That is exactly the way Chris at G.P.A. performs the task,I had the full back room tour and saw the master at work. Next time i stop in there i will snap some pics and post.
    Yes, it would be very interesting if you could get the opportunity to snap some pics of the machinery. It would help a lot when constructing my own rotary "gluing-table"

Thank´s
    Flodstroem

Thread Information