Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4313Bs "Thanks Zilch and JBLSINCE1959"

4313Bs "Thanks Zilch and JBLSINCE1959"

The 4313Bs arrived that was on Ebay. Zilch had alerted us to it on a Marketplace post. I got them today. I think they went so cheaply because the seller had only limited pics and refused to ship. They came today and I was immediately alarmed at the boxes condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Luckily this is what came out of the boxes.

The other speaker.

The only damage was to one corner and to two broken grill pegs.

All the corners are straight and the only distress to the cabinets are on the bottom where the finish is scuffed and to the one corner where the box was dropped. All domes and caps are perfect. Incredibly the speakers were wrapped in thin the thin matting you see in the pics and placed in the boxes with space all around? The only way the guy would ship is if Mailboxes ect would handle everything which the did for $100 including the charges. High perhaps but considering what the final price would have bid up to if he was willing to ship? These are keepers which I will not sell. I am hoping the woofers will need refoaming only. For once I didn't get burned on Ebay.

WTG Audiobeer! Those are BEAUTIES!

It's ironic that UPS owns Mailboxes, and even THEY can't pack well enough to survive their own abuse.

Only minor damage, tho, looks like.

FedEx/Kinko's lookin' better all the time....

hector.murray

Wooo Hooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck! Hope they work out well for you!

Steve Gonzales

Sweet!!!

Those are LOVELY!!! You are gonna put your Expert refinishing mojo on em' and i CAN'T WAIT to see them in their fully restored beauty! God, i love that JBL Pro Blue Baffle color.

Absolutely gorgeous. I never heard a pair but sure they will kick your a?#

I used to repair corners damaged in shipping by filling them in and reveneering them. However I recently took a speaker cabinet with a damaged corner to a professional furniture touch up artist. He simply filled them in with what I believe he said is some sort of eurethane, then replicated the original grain and finish. I was shocked at how good the repair looked. It is dufficult to tell that the corner was ever repaired.

Great speakers. The 4313B and L96 are two of JBL's most impressive designs in my opinion.

Mike

Obsolete
    How many 4313B's do you have now Audiobeer?

Steve Gonzales

Hey Mike

I agree that there are ways to fix the corners without re-veneering. Audiobeer is the accepted LHS refinish expert ( I agree). I do a little myself. Here is a few shots of an L110 cab before and after the fix/faux mojo

Steve Gonzales

to this

I hope I'm not stepping on your thread Audiobeer It could be better, I need to fine-tune the penwork and also get a few more shades of brown.

Great Buy, Audiobeer!!

Those 4313's look really nice. Maybe puts me a day or two closer to having a pair of 4412's. I am looking forward to having some JBL's of my own.

Jack Gifford

Quote Originally Posted by Giskard
    How many 4313B's do you have now Audiobeer?
    I have had 5 pairs, only 3 at one time. Now back to just one pair. This pair from Ebay is from the original owner! He was a great seller to deal with. He felt bad about the slight damage but it was not his problem as originaly he didn't want to ship. Every pair I ever sold left with a statement "If you ever resell them give me the first shot". There are 5 people who never sold them back. 1 did see a pair on Audiogon just this past month that I had sold 2 years ago. I emailed him asking why he didn't sell them back as I had an ad asking for a pair on Audiogon. He said that he didn't want to sell them back to me what he paid for. He nade a few hundred on them. 4313Bs will not blow you away lik L-300s or 4343s but for small monitors they seem to do a lot right. They can be snuck into the living room without a whole lot of trouble. I had one time wanted to build a home theater setup with all 4313Bs and a Triad Gold subwoofer I have, I just never put it together.

Thread Information