Thread: Just receive my JBL L100... with LE26 ?!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    fraula

Just receive my JBL L100... with LE26 ?!

Hello everybody!

First, sorry for my bad English... I am a frenchy guy and have my first experience with JBL speakers! yes... they are the L100 model...
    My first surprise was to see the LE26 tweeters on it... is that normal?? i thought that were the "LE20" on the L100 and the "LE25" on the L100A.
    Mine are the L100A with ducted port and N100A crossover. Speakers are : 123A-1 / LE5-2/ LE26 (?)...
    Do you think the LE 25 are better than the LE26 ??? should i change the LE26 for some LE25 ??
    And what can you tell me about the 123A-1 woofer Compare to the 123A-3...

So... i must admit that i completly love this L100 !!! they are so punchy and dynamics! the one who doesn' t like upfront soundstaging must look elsewhere... but the sound is presented in a relatively coherent way... i said relatively because i know that the bass are a little bit seductive even for the medium... but it' s what i like!! when you hear an instrument playing, you have the feeling it is in front of you! it is almost real! with good recording of course... because bad recordings... are still bad recordings...
    The sound is fullbody! i love that!! i have the feeling to miss nothing on my CD's (at last!)
    Thank you JBL for delivering me this kind of sound!!... and not thank you for not doing it anymore..... with currents models....

Thank you all for your comments, and if someone know something about the LE25 vs LE26 and the 123A-1 vs 123A-3 i will apreciate it a lot!!

Have a good day!

Fred,

PS: On this Picture you can see that these tweeters were the LE25-2 before becoming LE26... anybody know why?!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information