Hi Titanium Dome

Those PCR800s are considered Class H amps as I recall. Is that a problem?
- Simply, I don't know since I don't know the published specs. for those amps.

- Generally speaking, the "At A Glance" spec. that I'm looking for is the amplifiers published output wattage stated for different impedance/load conditions.

- Yeh, If I had L7(s) and a couple of amps - I'd at least BiWire them ( if I had confidence in the sonic quality of the passive components ) .

The Load ( impedance ) Controlling The ( Source ) Amps Output Functions

- As a guide, I'll use the amplifiers published specs. to give me an indication of its performance under different loads. I'm "looking/searching" for an 8 ohm rating of (X) watts and a 4 ohm rating of 2 times ( or at least 1.5 times ) those 8 ohm watts. A 2 ohm rating of 3 or 4 times those 8 ohm watts is also nice to see - but not "critical".

- If those requirements are met - then I'll surmise that the "load" ( including passive components and their impedance characteristics ) will control the source amps outputted waveforms ( - properly influence the shape ) .

- FWIW: I don't use class A amps. If I were to include them in my setups - I'd want to know that any speakers' passive components and their' reactive impedances would be able to properly "control the waveform shape" being sent out by the amplifier. I'd likely have to "test for these conditions" before concluding a purchase .

-OTOH; If a given speaker has a crossover that is designed to present a consistent and constant impedance across its full bandwidth - then this "personal requirement" for the amplifier to react to "the load (for proper waveform shaping) ", is largely a moot point .

Earl K