Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sean Olive Interview

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    He put it up thought it was still on Patreon

Thanks

The review looks pretty fair to me. Don't understand all the drama.

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/lou...on_troubadour/

OK ASR here in lies the issue:

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.48732/

Go to the end of the long thread review for the manufacturers comments about the differences between Erin and Amir responses to his criticism.

Gez what a mess!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello Ian

I would look at both sides.

And it's not just Erin it's issues with another review of one of his speakers done by Amir at ASW and a third review as well.

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f....48732/page-78 Post 1558

With ASR ongoing go through the thread and decide for yourself what's going on.

Rob
    Hi Rob,

That’s funny.

My post needs to be read coherently and then related to the links. I’m not taking sides. I am providing clarity on where this online nonsense by Popup YouTubers is going.

The short version is don’t watch it. These people are what are called online influencers. They are blow flys. They create content to attract you so they make money. Some get together for a webinar chat like a Footy Show and spit ball. It’s like watching the WWE. It’s entertainment. Nothing more.

They want you to believe and accept they are the new normal.

Those with some professional experience in product marketing will see through the BS. The un suspecting public view the products on these YouTube channels as legitimate reviews. The majority are actually not. They are un solicited. These are not newspapers or magazines who have a legal counsel to oversee the legitimacy of a review before it’s published. Litigation if the process of sorting out a dispute before it goes to court. Thats normal in the real business world.

The normal review process is that either a registered online publication or magazine will contact the manufacturer or visa versa and reach an agreement to review the product. The manufacturer sends the product with a full editorial of fact checked information for review . The reviewer will confirm the product is functioning correctly with the manufacturer. The reviewer sends the completed review to the manufacturer to be fact checked before publication. The review itself can’t necessarily be changed. In the case of a technical review it’s often done independently of the reviewer. The reviewer is a professional journalist with a long experience in the industry on the process of reviewing a product. The reviewer should have no influence over the technical testing.

I myself used a public relations professional for over a decade to organise and manage the above. Attempting to deal with an online YouTube channel is a very risky move.

The product reviews on this site are legitimate.
    https://www.stereonet.com/au/

I did look at the coverage on several channels. It’s gone viral because they want you to watch it. It makes them money.

I don’t look at these online talk feasts. I was searching for something else and l saw the drama. The best place to work out if a loudspeaker is for you is a product dealer who will assist you in your evaluation.

So who looks at the spinaroma data and Kllppel data from on line reviews? Do you put any weight on it?

I do when there is a speaker reviewed I am interested in. I also think there is a lot of good data in the Klippel data you don't see even with manufacturers who do publish measurements.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    The normal review process is that either a registered online publication or magazine will contact the manufacturer or visa versa and reach an agreement to review the product. The manufacturer sends the product with a full editorial of fact checked information for review . The reviewer will confirm the product is functioning correctly with the manufacturer. The reviewer sends the completed review to the manufacturer to be fact checked before publication. The review itself can’t necessarily be changed. In the case of a technical review it’s often done independently of the reviewer. The reviewer is a professional journalist with a long experience in the industry on the process of reviewing a product. The reviewer should have no influence over the technical testing.

I don’t look at these online talk feasts. I was searching for something else and l saw the drama. The best place to work out if a loudspeaker is for you is a product dealer who will assist you in your evaluation.
    I think you are making too broad a statement.

There are reputable magazines and reviewers and there are gas bags publishing their opinions in some of the same magazines on how changing a power cable made a night and day difference. On-line there are serious and thoughtful reviews and there are folks who will say anything to gain clicks.

As with any other endeavor, caveat emptor. We need to evaluate each on its own merits and make use of the reviews as appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    So who looks at the spinaroma data and Kllppel data from on line reviews? Do you put any weight on it?

I do when there is a speaker reviewed I am interested in. I also think there is a lot of good data in the Klippel data you don't see even with manufacturers who do publish measurements.
    Heck yeah... the Klippel measurement system is a phenomenal advance and the spinorama data is very useful... Floyd Toole is no on-line hack and he places a lot of value in this data.

Widget

Hello Widget

I am not a fan of purely subjective reviews. I would rather see a review that has a combination of measurements and subjective impressions. I have always preferred the Stereophile "formula" so to speak.

There really is quite a bit of garbage out there in both printed and on line sources. You just have to use some common sense to weed through the chaff.

Rob
    Last edited by Robh3606; 04-16-2024 at 05:22 PM.

Hi Widget,

If you work in an industry it’s not a good idea to publicly disrespect an organisation like Stereophile. If you feel strongly about something write to them. Otherwise you’re the one who is gas bagging. Half of what you feel is most likely mis directed emotion. The other half needs a factual rationale understanding. You then have a wise view point.

State your case to those directly involved.

I did that a while ago on a report about some industry revenue trends and they then had a closer look at it in more depth.

I was happy with the outcome.

Thanks!

Thread Information