Thread: Lirpa Labs

Lirpa Labs

So any of you still read the Stereo Mags or visit the review sites like Sound and Vision as an example?

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I get Stereophile and while I am still registered at S&V web site, I haven't subscribed to the mag or been to the site for years.

Did Lirpa Labs have an entry this year? I was alway excited to see their latest innovations.

Damn, I miss those guys at Lirpa Labs!

I have quite a few of the Audio, High Fidelity, and Stereo Review magazines from my early days in this hobby. They cover about half of the '70s and dip into the '80s where I started to lose interest. A few years ago, I dusted them off and read them trough again... really enjoyed reading the articles and the ads too. I was particularly impressed by how most of the comments by the audio luminaries of the day have been proven to be correct.

I have Stereophiles going back to the mid '90s. John Atkinson aside, I am far less impressed with that magazine and while they still arrive, I probably read less than a few pages and can see the day when I won't bother checking the box to have them continue.

Widget

Happy April Fools Day
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Unfortunately no new products this year! Audio was my favorite of them all had a lot of really good articles. Love that turntable!

Happy April Fools Day!

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...ory-lirpa-labs

Lets not forget Rodrigues

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...if-not-charles

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Unfortunately no new products this year! Audio was my favorite of them all had a lot of really good articles. Love that turntable!

Happy April Fools Day!

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...ory-lirpa-labs

Lets not forget Rodrigues

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...if-not-charles

Rob
    Never seen my favorite Rodrigues on-line.

Guy in a stereo store with the salesman both looking up at two HUGE-AZZ speakers, so big they overfill the panel. Salesman obviously describing the speakers says "..., and two 36 inch tweeters!"

Quote Originally Posted by toddalin View Post
    Never seen my favorite Rodrigues on-line.

Guy in a stereo store with the salesman both looking up at two HUGE-AZZ speakers, so big they overfill the panel. Salesman obviously describing the speakers says "..., and two 36 inch tweeters!"
    That's funny! Two of my favorites

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images   

I'm afraid I'm not catching the humor from the cartoon. My fiancée is the reason I own UREI 813C's, B460 clones, 811C's and now 809's. I'm guessing it isn't the norm to have a spouse whom supports the audio hobby?

..The dog one make sense, I guess. Of the systems I've listened to, there's too much midrange. That or it's poking fun at speaker systems which boast response up to 40khz.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    I'm afraid I'm not catching the humor from the cartoon. My fiancée is the reason I own UREI 813C's, B460 clones, 811C's and now 809's. I'm guessing it isn't the norm to have a spouse whom supports the audio hobby?

..The dog one make sense, I guess. Of the systems I've listened to, there's too much midrange. That or it's poking fun at speaker systems which boast response up to 40khz.
    Well then why don't you post a couple that you do see the humor in?

Rob

We were watching the local evening news and they featured a violinist with the National Symphony Orchestra, with a nearly 300 year old "fiddle" on loan from the conductor.
    Raffi our cat was laying on the floor - and she did a serious swivel head once the violinist started playing. I thought she was going to bolt from the room - she was greatly disturbed.
    Classical Flute players put her off as well! (apparently not Ian Anderson or celtic flute players) ...

FWIW, my wife Emma is an enabler as well, she recommended I buy the Von Schweikert VR4s when they were demoed for us in Richmond many years ago - she even wrote the check!
    But it seems a lot of audio fans are NOT as fortunate as we are with such supportive spouses.

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post

2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    We were watching the local evening news and they featured a violinist with the National Symphony Orchestra, with a nearly 300 year old "fiddle" on loan from the conductor.
    Raffi our cat was laying on the floor - and she did a serious swivel head once the violinist started playing. I thought she was going to bolt from the room - she was greatly disturbed.
    Classical Flute players put her off as well! (apparently not Ian Anderson or celtic flute players) ...

FWIW, my wife Emma is an enabler as well, she recommended I buy the Von Schweikert VR4s when they were demoed for us in Richmond many years ago - she even wrote the check!
    But it seems a lot of audio fans are NOT as fortunate as we are with such supportive spouses.
    Hello Heather

Ever mess with dog's? Discovered by accident! Play wolves howling Wendy Carlos Sonic Seasonings or do a high frequency sine sweep. One initiates curiosity and a determined search the other a quick exit out of the room!

Rob

Well then why don't you post a couple that you do see the humor in?

Rob
    I.. didn't know there were audio related comics. Quite intrigued. Guess I was right about the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post

I guess so! Music is a huge part of my life, couldn't imagine doing it alone.

For years I thought a "fiddle" and a "violin" were mutually exclusive. Then one day I saw someone playing an instrument, they called it a fiddle. I thought to myself, "Hmm, looks a lot like a violin." Not one of my finer moments.

Hah, you know something is going on when their ears tune in to the speakers. It took a few months before my old cat got adjusted to the subwoofers downstairs. She used to bolt right off the couch any time I watched a movie with LFE heavy content.

Hello Heather

Ever mess with dog's? Discovered by accident! Play wolves howling Wendy Carlos Sonic Seasonings or do a high frequency sine sweep. One initiates curiosity and a determined search the other a quick exit out of the room!

Rob
    I have never seen that, but it sounds entertaining. I think I'm limited with the UREI's, no? Can't imagine those things extend much beyond 20khz...

Hello Heather

Rob
    My dog will react to me just emitting a VHF whistle, too high for me to hear. I just do a soft whistle and I keep bringing up the pitch (to a barely audible white noise) and after I can't even hear the frequencies (very high and low in volume), she starts swiveling her head around looking for the sound.

Thread Information