Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 250Ti - 4-way active experiment

So, I've rigged my 2-way crossover for the passive side, biamping it using the EC AW75. Biamping is a good option, perhaps enough for many. Clearly worth it to my ears ! Easier to deal with, for sure. Before starting this I thought there were more options for crossovers, but I can't find many 4-way at all. Did a measured approach, combining pink noise and sweeps, and got a result I feel is pretty good. My levels for each driver was ok by ear, but some form of EQ is needed when including the room. The two speakers don't match exactly, as expected with this crossover. Hard to tell by listening. I'm both impressed and pleased . There's a better clarity to the lower octaves, better tonal distinction. Have to make a rear cover and connector plate, 2x speakon perhaps...

Bi-amping them is nice I built a Bi-amp Jubilee clone years ago. Used a DX-1 with custom cards I built using LEAP. I have to resurrect them at some point. I have a pair of 1400 subs with blown plate amps ready to go with them so Le-14H-3's! Originally used 121A's.

Glad you are having fun!

Rob
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Strange, I know I wrote a reply yesterday, I must have messed up... Very cool project, Rob! Bit above my level, have to admit. Regarding sub, I considered cloning a B460 or 380, but my room is just too small to fit them. Love those big woofers! I found a NOS dbx 234XL on the auction site, low price and better spec'ed than the new XS model (strange, but correct according to dbx.) A little wait, but so cheap I gave it a shot. I'm considering putting the tiny class D amps inside the baffle, reduce the clutter in the room. Not much heat coming from them. We'll see. The psychology of speaker matching is a bit challenging, specially since my ears don't match either . But, I got a decent curve in REW, I'm happy so far . I like them at a little more distance than then the Genelecs, they sound more coherent further back. Wish I had a bigger room so I could release some more of the watts . They play scary loud!

Thread Information