Thread: Selenium Products discontinued??

Selenium Products discontinued??

I was just a the USA Jbl pro site and was looking through the component list. It seems that everything Selenium has been discontinued. Am I reading this correctly?Glenn

Hi Glenn,

After some searches i get the impression that Harman dumped or closed Selenium. Couldn't get their former web site where i went a few times, they had a number of drivers, pretty good assortment of products.

Wouldn't surprise me Harman simply ended that journey, like so many others they did. DIY doesn't seem to fit/interest Harman anymore. Another they let go was Studer, imagine Studer! formerly Studer Revox, kind of a flagship name for high quality gear. Fortunately that one was purchased by Germans as i recall, making large and expensive recording consoles. The Canadian Broadcasting Corp purchased a large digital one from them.

There's little soul left in audio, mostly controlled by groups now, and their main attraction or what matters is money. A lot of it is low-cost manufacturing , mass produced electronics and speakers in China or Mexico. At the other end is Luxury Audio where the margins must be very juicy with that low-cost mfr.

The only Selenium i found was a B2B type site, it showed it had two models (no specs), one compression driver and one horn. Saw nothing else, even when i clicked on see more or for the whole range it was the same page, lol I still have a catalog of their stuff, i think dated 2015?

I've seen there is still some Selenium inventory in various stores but i guess when that's gone game is over?

Richard