Thread: Fooling around with the XPLs

Fooling around with the XPLs

I was just sitting and listening to some music and started wondering how much of an improvement 14 inch woofers would be over the 12 inchers in the XPLs. Then I realised that since I have the Bi Amp setup working, I have everything that I need to do a test and find out. They seem to integrate pretty well like this. My first impression is that the bass seems to go just a bit deeper, not as much difference as I expected. And they may have lost a bit of output level. I'm wondering if anyone has the sensitivity specs of the 2214H-1s and the LE14H-1s to compare.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    And they may have lost a bit of output level.
    Hey, Don...

Got any idea what your morph has done to the polarity of the LF you're listening too? I mean, if the 14-in sub is phased different, it will "integrate" acoustically different with the XPL's. Just a thought...
    bo

"Indeed, not!!"

Obsolete
    Quote Originally Posted by Don C
    I'm wondering if anyone has the sensitivity specs of the 2214H-1s and the LE14H-1s to compare.
    LE14H-1 is 0.89% (91.7 dB) and the 2214H is 1.06% (92.4 dB). I prefer the LE14H-1 by a pretty good margin.

I swapped phase and didnt like it, though it was not a huge difference. I looked at the subs wiring, and it is just like the XPLs. Both cabinets reverse phase, they have the red terminal of the cabinet hooked to the black terminal of the woofer.
    I added one extra db of attenuation to the XPLs at the crossover, and it is pretty good. Im just fooling around, and Ill have the XPLs hooked back up normally later tonight. Ill probably notice the change more when going back.
    I am not sure that I understand the specs in percentage, how would the sensitivity specs look translated to decibels/1 watt?

Thread Information