Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Glad to be back

I'm sorry for the lost of your Dad Ian. That's a really hard blow for anyone. I lost 2. My Dad and Stepdad. Currently caregiving for my Mom who has Dementia pretty bad. So I know she will be next as it's just the way it works.
    I guess at least we can all get lost in our beloved hobby. Put some nice music on and think of our loved ones. We all have a systems that we have put a lot of love into.
    That's one of the main reasons I had the Paragon built. To think of my Son each time it plays. I've got his picture right on the speaker.
    So we can always put something on the old wind up Victrola and think of those you love while doing what you love. Win win.

Thank you for kind reply.

That’s one of the reasons for my proliferation of posts recently. I used write technical document like work instructions, pull apart processes, spend hours on analytics. So it’s kind of fun to research and write about interesting things. Talk about your experiences and life’s journey. There’s nothing sane about people or personalities in audio. Once you’ve travelled you see it. Some days you don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Stuff like that. Otherwise a post on a forum is like ping pong. It’s a one way one at a time communication. It’s basically a telegram.

Getting the message across with communication is about appreciating we come from all different walks of life and different cultures. Everyone has a different view of reality and people as individuals have different ways of thinking about things and expressing themselves. I used to spend a lot of time in meetings with a multi cultural team. They are not going to talk on your level and tell you what you want to hear. You have to stop, listen and process what they have said. It’s about being open to diversify and sitting back and taking it in. You don’t jump down their throats just because it doesn’t make sense. That’s wrong.

If you can get your teeth into something interesting and it takes your mind off everything it helps unhook you from the noise of daily life. Or the nagging..Lol. Even if it’s a bit wtf it’s good to un hook.

Here is a nice calm scene of my local beach at Alexandra Headland this morning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That's a lovely picture Ian. Your lucky to be that close to the ocean. The closest water like that to me is about 60 miles aways. We have the great lakes here. 5 big lakes.
    Something so soothing about the sound of waves. This is your winter right now correct? Our beaches don't look like that in the winter here I'll tell ya. Not lawn chair days here in winter.

It’s ranges from 64F to 72F in our winter on the coast here. Much warmer and more humid up towards Cairns (crocodile country).

Welcome back, jblguy, though this forum is more like Hotel California:"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave..."

My oldest son passed on April 22 of this year, so I'm still in the early stages of grieving. He loved music—80s music that he grew up with, so it's on my current playlists a lot. I had to pull out the L100s to make it sound right for the era, since those were the only speakers I had at the time. Times have changed, but memories remain!

We have a family tradition of planting a tree in memory. I have the tree but am waiting for the current heat wave to subside.

Condolences on your loss and congratulations on a fabulous looking custom build! It's truly a monument to your son.
    Out.

April 20 of this year when my beautiful first born took her life. I don’t know what stage of it I’m in. I know for sure that it sucks.

Sorry Ti. From another brother who knows.
    Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
    It’s ranges from 64F to 72F in our winter on the coast here. Much warmer and more humid up towards Cairns (crocodile country).
    Crikey...lol
    Well don't come here in Dec, Jan or Feb cuz you'll need your Long Johns. Nice time of year to hang out inside and play with the system.
    Or whatever else you got to play with.....if the mood suits....lol
    I'd like to visit Australia some day. You folks seem like very nice folks. I'm not big on the kinda heat you get though. Us Canadians are filled with snow-cone stuff so we wilt easy.
    Anyway anybody coming to Canada, DON"T come to southern Ontario. It sucks here for many reasons.
    Imo Canada is NOT the nice country it once was. The last 40 years has not been kind to southern Ontario.
    Nuff said.

Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss so many here are experiencing. My sincere condolences to all of you. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child.

I am so sorry and sad to hear of the losses among our "family" here. My first-born was just visiting us last week from California, for the first time in two-and-a-half years. Her birthday is April 20th. That date hit home. My thoughts are with you all.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by 1audiohack View Post
    April 20 of this year when my beautiful first born took her life. I don’t know what stage of it I’m in. I know for sure that it sucks.

Sorry Ti. From another brother who knows.
    Barry.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I am so sorry and sad to hear of the losses among our "family" here. My first-born was just visiting us last week from California, for the first time in two-and-a-half years. Her birthday is April 20th. That date hit home. My thoughts are with you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    Oh my. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss so many here are experiencing. My sincere condolences to all of you. I can't imagine anything worse than losing a child.
    Deep Purple Mk 1 (1969) recorded the song April on the group's third album. My birthday is also April 20. Sorry for those we've lost, but happy for those who remain. It's hard to fathom that I've had my L100s longer than my oldest lived. Sometime life is so effing weird.

April is a cruel time
    Even though the sun may shine
    And world looks in the shade
    As it slowly comes away
    Still falls the April rain
    And the valley's filled with pain
    And you can't tell me quite why
    As i look up to the grey sky
    Where it should be blue
    Grey sky where I should see you
    Ask why, why it should be so
    I'll cry, say that I don't know

Maybe once in a while I'll forget and I'll smile
    But then the feeling comes again of an April without end
    Of an April lonely as they come
    In the dark of my mind I can see all too fine
    But there is nothing to be done when I just can't feel the sun
    And the springtime's the season of the night

Grey sky where it should be blue
    Grey sky where I should see you
    Ask why, why it should be so
    I'll cry, say that I don't know
    I don't know
    Out.

That is just fabulous wood. What kind is it, and where did it come from? I've never seen any loudspeaker that looked so good.
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    That is just fabulous wood. What kind is it, and where did it come from? I've never seen any loudspeaker that looked so good.
    Yes, jblguy's Paragon was beautifully veneered in mahogany flame or crotch veneer. It is a classic wood often seen in fine antiques.

Widget
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor_Electron View Post
    Thank you very much for the kind complement. It's beautiful just like my Son was.
    I posted the link to this fine cabinet maker on the forum here. He is an artist imo with wood. His other creations can seen there as well. Plus a SUPER nice man.
    Only the best thing to say about him. He created a dream come true for me in a few ways. Plus it sounds wonderful. No disrespect to the JBL factory but I'm sure they never made them like that one is. It's obviously not a job to him.
    See the other thread here.
    http://www.audioheritage.org/vbullet...available-here

Thread Information