Thread: C35

C35

Dear Lansing friends,

I would be very thankfull when someone who has original JBL C35 cabinets could send me a photo or photos from the back side of the cabinet, so I can see how the original identification label(s) look like.
    They are missing on my C35 cabinets and i would like to restore the cabinets in the original look.

Thanks in advance !

Frederik from Belgium.

Jbl c35

Name:  C35.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  97.5 KB
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

I have two original C35s from the mono era and one C37. I don't recall any JBL labels on either. Some early ones had a Lansing decal under the finish on the front, others seemingly none at all, front or back. Others had the typical Studio Monitor style metal plate with serial number (thanks Odd). My C35s have been stored away for decades so I can't get to them right now but as I recall one was constructed of particle board like my C37 and one of very dense plywood. I purchased another C35 from Ebay decades ago which arrived broken. The seller told me to just keep the driver (single D130) and UPS picked up the rest and reimbursed the seller. There were no labels on that one, either. I've always assumed that the metal tabs with the enclosure model number were reserved for those sold as empty cabinets rather than full systems, or possibly later enclosures pre-cut for the Energizers option.

I'd love to see some pictures of C35 or C37 with any identifying labels, just to know the variations. I'm as sure as I can be that none of mine were home-built cabinets. I could also be wrong about that. Also for any speculation as to which years were plywood and when the particle-board began.
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I believe this is a companion photo to the one Odd found:

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I believe this is a companion photo to the one Odd found:

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    I have two original C35s from the mono era and one C37. I don't recall any JBL labels on either. Some early ones had a Lansing decal under the finish on the front, others seemingly none at all, front or back. Others had the typical Studio Monitor style metal plate with serial number (thanks Odd). My C35s have been stored away for decades so I can't get to them right now but as I recall one was constructed of particle board like my C37 and one of very dense plywood. I purchased another C35 from Ebay decades ago which arrived broken. The seller told me to just keep the driver (single D130) and UPS picked up the rest and reimbursed the seller. There were no labels on that one, either. I've always assumed that the metal tabs with the enclosure model number were reserved for those sold as empty cabinets rather than full systems, or possibly later enclosures pre-cut for the Energizers option.

I'd love to see some pictures of C35 or C37 with any identifying labels, just to know the variations. I'm as sure as I can be that none of mine were home-built cabinets. I could also be wrong about that. Also for any speculation as to which years were plywood and when the particle-board began.

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Jbl c35

Name:  C35.jpg
Views: 400
Size:  97.5 KB

Thread Information