Thread: JBL L220 binding posts and biamp

JBL L220 binding posts and biamp

I got a couple of L220 to whom I had the crossovers upgraded with new caps, I also changed the suspensions to the passive woofers and was wondering if worth to change the binding posts and if possible to separate mid-high session off low end for eventual biamping, more out of sheer curiosity.

Grazie

I would leave it alone, you have more difficulty in setting up with bi-amplification.
    Feed it to a nice high current bjt finish and you will have fun

It was just out of curiosity, by the way it might be a First Watt to power them in a couple months if all goes right, I know many won't find 25W being enough but it is on the way

Quote Originally Posted by Paul001 View Post
    I would leave it alone, you have more difficulty in setting up with bi-amplification.
    Feed it to a nice high current bjt finish and you will have fun

25 watts isn't going to cut it. Certainly not if you enjoy musical presence and/or levels above 90dB, which is their sensitivity rating with 1 watt @ 1 meter. I've never listened to a set of L220's, and while I've always coveted them, the best I could do was a set of L150A's. If the L220's are anything like L150A's, they are power hungry and will soak up & love all the watts you can feed them. I went from 40 to 100 to 256 and then 600 watts, it just kept getting better. 600 was the ticket, courtesy of bridged Adcom GFA-555II's.

With 25 watts they will sound clumsy and slow without incisiveness, the fundamentals and attacks of the music will slow down and the woofers will sound confused and kneaded.

Thread Information