Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Le5-12 / le5-2

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43

    Le5-12 / le5-2

    401 / 5.000






    Risultati della traduzione

    Good morning long ago I changed my mid and bass drivers in the 4312I replaced the ferrite originals with similar alnico model, because I thought alnico sounded betterI replaced LE5-12 with LE5-2and also the woofer (LH ..... ??Did I do some trouble?are they electrically interchangeable?I hope I haven't done a stupid thing .. I don't have my original drivers anymore .
    thanks for support Luigi

  2. #2
    Senior Member Odd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway ------ Now Portugal
    Posts
    760
    They are not electrically similar. You must make changes to the crossover.

    Name:  JBL LE5-xx matrix (2) JPG.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  68.3 KB
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    They are not electrically similar. You must make changes to the crossover.

    Name:  JBL LE5-xx matrix (2) JPG.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  68.3 KB
    Ok.... the mid change a little but
    the woofer ?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Odd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway ------ Now Portugal
    Posts
    760
    If you switched from 2213H to 2213 it should be ok.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43

    swich Le5-12 to Le 5-2

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    They are not electrically similar. You must make changes to the crossover.

    Name:  JBL LE5-xx matrix (2) JPG.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  68.3 KB
    dear have you idea the which components on crossover i need to change...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43

    switched wofer 4312

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    If you switched from 2213H to 2213 it should be ok.
    NO i have switched to 123A-1

    n.b my 4312 is first type

  7. #7
    Senior Member Odd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway ------ Now Portugal
    Posts
    760
    Your speakers are not 4312 anymore.
    When you change as you have done, there must be extensive changes to the crossover.
    I can not help you with this.

    But, if you like the sound, everything is fine.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43

    crossover

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Your speakers are not 4312 anymore.
    When you change as you have done, there must be extensive changes to the crossover.
    I can not help you with this.

    But, if you like the sound, everything is fine.
    jes the sound is less aggressive...more sweet....
    but I didn't have to change the drivers I did a big stupid thing anyway

    it is most similar a 4311 ?
    if jes...i can make e same crossover to 4311 ...

  9. #9
    Senior Member Odd's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Oslo, Norway ------ Now Portugal
    Posts
    760
    Or possibly 4310. I do not have drawing for 4310 filter.

    This is not easy, you must have measuring equipment to get this right.
    4310
    123A-1
    LE 5-2
    Le 20-1
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43

    4312/4311/4310

    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Or possibly 4310. I do not have drawing for 4310 filter.

    This is not easy, you must have measuring equipment to get this right.
    4310
    123A-1
    LE 5-2
    Le 20-1
    Hi , ..but i have Le 25-2 tw


    123A-1
    Le5-2
    Le 25-2 ....
    I think that i have made a disaster.....

  11. #11
    Senior Member mark214's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Low Earth Orbit Over The Midwest
    Posts
    102
    The model noted here is a "4312I" I cant find a 4312I.
    I picked up a pair of 4312s some years ago missing one of the midrange drivers and both now have LE5-2s. The 4311 and original 4312s have the same crossover freqs of
    1.5 kHz and 6kHz.
    There is no noted difference between my 4311s and the 4312s with the LE5-2s.


  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by mark214 View Post
    The model noted here is a "4312I" I cant find a 4312I.
    I picked up a pair of 4312s some years ago missing one of the midrange drivers and both now have LE5-2s. The 4311 and original 4312s have the same crossover freqs of
    1.5 kHz and 6kHz.
    There is no noted difference between my 4311s and the 4312s with the LE5-2s.

    thanks....i are very happy .....
    in fact the sound is good with Le 5-2....thanks

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by mark214 View Post
    The model noted here is a "4312I" I cant find a 4312I.
    I picked up a pair of 4312s some years ago missing one of the midrange drivers and both now have LE5-2s. The 4311 and original 4312s have the same crossover freqs of
    1.5 kHz and 6kHz.
    There is no noted difference between my 4311s and the 4312s with the LE5-2s.

    dear please a help...
    I have swiched from 2213h to 123 A-1 woofer...with same crossower...(4312 first series)
    but the 123A-1 is a positive transducer,
    the original 2213H is same ?
    can you help my...thanks luigi

  14. #14
    Administrator Robh3606's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Rocinante
    Posts
    8,838
    Use a 1.5 volt battery to verify if they are the same.

    Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Location
    italia
    Posts
    43
    Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Use a 1.5 volt battery to verify if they are the same.

    Rob
    unfortunately I no longer have the 2213H to compare them
    you know if the 2213H is positive or negative ?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •