Does anyone have the speaker builder article they can send to me that details how to rebuild my L300 speakers? One speaker is very muddy sounding compared to the other. I think the 30 y/o crossover needs to be rebuilt. Any information anyone can send would be a huge help. I have owned these for almost 4 years and they are capable of making some great sound when they are working correctly. I could use some help here folks. I did reverse the amplifier leads to make certain it was the tube amp malfuntioning or the speakers. Sadly it is the one speakers sounding poorly. Do I access the crossover after I remove the 15" woofer? Thanks. If that is the case maybe I can remove the crossovers and then send them out to be rebuilt for me? After 30 years no doubt the capacitors are drying out. I would also like the speaker builder article to tune up the 2 tone controls on the front. Thanks for any help and advice! To my ears vintage and newer (like my JBL 4648a-8) are sleeper speakers. I also cobbled my Dad a 6' tall 2-way using the 4649a-8, JBL 2360A 31" x 31" biradial horns. I used a pair of tad td-4001 drivers in the jbl horns. My Dad's speakers are about the best I have heard. My Dad is severely hearing impaired. With these 2-way horn speakers he can hear female voices for the first time in 60 years. That made them worth the money to me for that alone. My cousin owns the top of the line B&W and my Dad's speakers sound better to my ears. Someday I want one the VERY large JBL pro version monitors to replace my L300. For now I just want the L300 back making good sounds in my apartment in Fall River, MA. I never overpowered the L300 and they have been babied by me. If anyone can scan and send the article to me my email address in [email protected] Be sure to remove the "nospam" from my email address before emailing me. Thanks for taking the time to read this! Best Regards, John Chleapas