Thread: For your consideration - DD55000 - for sale

For your consideration - DD55000 - for sale

Just saw this ad on Canuk Audiomart. Looks like he did a real good job. What do you all think?

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...55000-replica/
    JBL S3100, VPI HM19 MKIV w/SAMA, Moerch UP4 ,Hana ML cart, Blackdog VTP , Audio Note M2 line stage, Perreaux PMF 1850.

Maybe it's just that the photo is way out of focus, but those surrounds look awful!
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Yeah, your right. I hadn't noticed it until I magnified the photo. Kind of puts damper on it, or not!

Too bad to have gone that far and then dropped the ball. Anyways, they weren't for me. I'm happy with my "mini".
    JBL S3100, VPI HM19 MKIV w/SAMA, Moerch UP4 ,Hana ML cart, Blackdog VTP , Audio Note M2 line stage, Perreaux PMF 1850.

Not sure I understand about the surrounds. Those are E-145 woofers and have an accordion surround. Speakers look pretty good but that price for a clone seems high.

Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    Not sure I understand about the surrounds. Those are E-145 woofers and have an accordion surround. Speakers look pretty good but that price for a clone seems high.
    As I mentioned, maybe it's just the out-of-focus photo? Bad dope application?

". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    Don't forget those are Canadian Dollars, about 8500 USD. Still a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard Wolf View Post
    Don't forget those are Canadian Dollars, about 8500 USD. Still a lot of money.
    Particularly when the Canadian Clones don't show any grilles or closeups of the veneer job and the photos are all probably ten-years old. And considering there is a pair of "real" ones on Ebay right now in Cali for $14,500, with grilles and correct drivers. Workable condition.

Not trying to minimize what it took to produce the clones. Nothing I could have done.

Thread Information