Thread: Drew daniels' snake oil recipes

Drew daniels' snake oil recipes

While rummaging through some old files I've had squirreled away for ages, I came across this handy cookbook that is still currently online at the Late, Great Drew Daniels' Sound Path Labs website.
    Here's a short intro and the URL, in case you are interested in perusing the whole enchilada.

Drew:

Attached here for your unending amusement and hours of howling laughter are a few examples of what can happen when the phenomenon of wishful thinking comes into astrological alignment with evangelist-salesmen who feed opportunistically on fear, ignorance, insecurity and general human stupidity.

"Audiophelia" is a mystical religion constructed to victimize the benighted, much like a tax on ignorance. Tribute to this religion is extracted directly from the victims' wallets, and worship in this religion takes the form of one-upmanship in expenditure for audio components. These components then become objects of supplication for imagined sonic superiority but virtually never for enjoyment of recorded musical performances—since recorded musical performances are made with audio equipment far inferior to what an audiophile would consider even barely acceptable—a fact totally ignored by victims of their bad religion.

-Drew Daniels

http://drewdaniels.com/badreligion.html

"Audiophelia" is a mystical religion constructed to victimize the benighted, much like a tax on ignorance. Tribute to this religion is extracted directly from the victims' wallets, and worship in this religion takes the form of one-upmanship in expenditure for audio components. These components then become objects of supplication for imagined sonic superiority but virtually never for enjoyment of recorded musical performances—since recorded musical performances are made with audio equipment far inferior to what an audiophile would consider even barely acceptable—a fact totally ignored by victims of their bad religion.

"Audiophelia" is a mystical religion constructed to victimize the benighted, much like a tax on ignorance. Tribute to this religion is extracted directly from the victims' wallets, and worship in this religion takes the form of one-upmanship in expenditure for audio components. These components then become objects of supplication for imagined sonic superiority but virtually never for enjoyment of recorded musical performances—since recorded musical performances are made with audio equipment far inferior to what an audiophile would cons
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Entertaining for sure.

I enjoyed the read.
    Regards, Ron
    JBL Pro for home use!

Thread Information