Quote Originally Posted by alfmonster View Post
I had read recharging the magnets would help with the sound quality. Is there a list you may have of places that are still around and able to recharge the magnets on the 2405/077 tweeters, d130 and 2441 drivers?
It is more likely that a woofer will need recharging, but since the 2405 diaphragms are now unobtainium, I wouldn't waste my money charging the magnet unless I knew the current diaphragms were perfect or near perfect. Recharging the alnico magnets will only restore the last bit of performance if they are fundamentally sound. There is a high likelihood that the drivers are not in great shape.

Quote Originally Posted by alfmonster View Post
lastly it even possible to get a 32ohm d130 reconed to something that sounds similar to what it might’ve been?
I wouldn't obsess over the 32 ohm part since it is unlikely that you really want a 32 ohm woofer these days. They were offered in 32 ohms so that a pair in parallel gave a tube amplifier a 16 ohm load.

As far as a D130 is concerned... do you even want a wide range high sensitivity mid bass driver? If you do, you will need to get an aftermarket kit these days. The D130 frames and motors were the most widely used design JBL used so there are numerous alternatives that will work in those frames, however the early JBLs have a very tight gap so you need to find a recone kit with an exceptionally round VC... most aftermarket kits rely on the looser tolerances of today.

Widget