Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum image upload error

Forum image upload error

Attempting to add images to a new post. Repeated error messages failed upload but without explanation. Please advise, thx

It's probably the file size. I recently had to resize a photo to post it after getting that message. I texted it to myself which automatically resized it and it loaded.

Currently, I can't upload images ( even small ones ) into posts.Also, the "Editor" isn't working ( it doesn't appear as an option for usage ) when writing this note.I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem??

I tried unsuccessful to upload one over the weekend. At the time I assumed I had a weak cell signal. Perhaps not?

Yep, it appears to be broken.…………………………………………………………………………………………………….Know anyone at AK? They are running the back end these days. It hasn't been terribly reliable since the transition to their servers. Unfortunately I do not have their contact info.It seems to be a pretty strange way to run a website. ………………………………………………………………………………………….And the text formatting appears broken too............................................... ...................................Widget

AK is running the backend for the Laning Heritage site? I had no idea - but I have noticed Lansing Heritage has been unavailable twice in the last few weeks.And - Lansing Heritage is still "Powered by vBulletinฎ Version 4.2.5" - but AK left that software a number of years ago ...AK Forum software by XenForo™ ฉ2010-2017 XenForo LtdImage upload test - failed - I selected a local file, but the java upload just cycled and cycled and never completed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Yep, it appears to be broken.…………………………………………………………………………………………………….Know anyone at AK? They are running the back end these days. It hasn't been terribly reliable since the transition to their servers. Unfortunately I do not have their contact info. It seems to be a pretty strange way to run a website. ………………………………………………………………………………………….And the text formatting appears broken too............................................... ...................................Widget
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4
    7: TIVO, Oppo BDP103D, B&K, 2pr UREI 809A, TF600, JBL B460

Quote Originally Posted by hjames View Post
    AK is running the backend for the Laning Heritage site? I had no idea - but I have noticed Lansing Heritage has been unavailable twice in the last few weeks.And - Lansing Heritage is still "Powered by vBulletinฎ Version 4.2.5" - but AK left that software a number of years ago ...AK Forum software by XenForo™ ฉ2010-2017 XenForo LtdImage upload test - failed - I selected a local file, but the java upload just cycled and cycled and never completed.
    Look at the front page: https://www.audioheritage.org/

Tried to upload pics since Nov 5th and it didn't work.
    POWERED BY: QSC, Ashly, Tascam, Rolls Mosfet, NAD, and Crest Audio

I reformatted this blob of text, and it auto-formats it into garbage
    I don't know what this means - looks the same to me - JamesB on the front, an ancient Webring link that goes to a page explaining Webrings are long gone ...https://webring.com/,The legend of "Hosted by CSD Internet" - http://www.csdco.com/ - that may be different.The only odd thing is the link to the venerable Project May, linked to [email protected], who I think has commonality with AK tech team.And yes, the auto-formatting here does suck. Thats vBulletin, innit?Not sure - its been a while since I built any threads and content here ...
    2ch: WiiM Pro; Topping E30 II DAC; Oppo, Acurus RL-11, Acurus A200, JBL Dynamics Project - Offline: L212-TwinStack, VonSchweikert VR-4

I don't get it._______________________________________________ _____________________________What's one supposed to see at that link ( maybe CSD Internet ?? ).

Looks like the Image upload problem has been ongoing since September 21st, based on Lee's for-sale ad here - https://www.audioheritage.org/vbulle...l=1#post442198
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee in Montreal View Post
    [img] https://img.canuckaudiomart.com/uplo...25h-woofer.jpg [/img]I am parting my home system. It seems I can't upload pictures though. Which is why I am linking to my ad on Canuck Audio Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl K View Post
    I don't get it._______________________________________________ _____________________________What's one supposed to see at that link ( maybe CSD Internet ?? ).
    I thought that "Vintage Audio Webring" was something to do with the take over. __________________________________________________ ___ I am obviously in the dark. I have no idea who to contact now that our long trusted and fellow forum member John Nebel is not our in-house server host. __________________________________________________ ____ Hopefully the AK guys will fix this mess.

I thought that "Vintage Audio Webring" was something to do with the take over. __________________________________________________ ___ I am obviously in the dark. I have no idea who to contact now that our long trusted and fellow forum member John Nebel is not our in-house server host. __________________________________________________ ____ Hopefully the AK guys will fix this mess.
    I would suggest contacting Wardsweb ( either here, or better yet ) over at AK ( AudioKarma ). __________________________________________________ ___________________EarlK

I'm not even seeing the links, just long underscore lines. Oops, can't attach emojis either. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by rusty jefferson View Post
    I'm not even seeing the links, just long underscore lines. Oops, can't attach emojis either. :-)
    Pretty sure that Widget and myself are just using the "underscore tool" to create a "punked" form of formatting ( IOW; there were no intended links ). ________EarlK

Thread Information