Thread: Things found inside speakers

Things found inside speakers

Over the years, some of my speaker have come with, shall we say, freebies. Hot Wheels cars, about a dozen marbles inside a B460. This spring I pulled the woofers on the XPL200's I got years ago from johnaec, and found a different set of car keys in each speaker, complete with keyless entry fob (somebody must have been pulling their hair out over those!). I recently sent my last pair of 4343's off to Wisconsin, but before they left, I pulled the woofers so that I could de-ox the pots. In the bottom of one corner, tucked under the port, was the original QC checklist for that enclosure, showing an enclosure production date of 1/6/78. Very cool! Btw, the horrible quality is not my scan - the form looks like a copy of a copy of a copy...Name:  QCFormPDF (2).JPG
Views: 570
Size:  364.4 KB
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    Btw, the horrible quality is not my scan - the form looks like a copy of a copy of a copy...
    Ah yes, glorious analog!

Widget

Cool!

Demensions?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

Cool that you have it and the keys!!! I once lost a complete set when my kids were little. Never thought to crack a speaker open!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by BMWCCA View Post
    Cool!

Demensions?
    As a tongue in cheek, I will answer that three different ways:
    1. As related to dimensions, it may have appeared to only have two when it was filled out, but once the tech rolled it up to stuff under the port, it could be perceived to have gained a third.
    2. Also related to dimensions, it was a 8 1/2” x 11” piece of paper.
    3. As related to Dementia, I’m pretty sure all the things I pulled out were real, and not “Demensions”, or by-products of my increasing age.

That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Cool that you have it and the keys!!! I once lost a complete set when my kids were little. Never thought to crack a speaker open!

Rob
    Well, the keys weren’t mine - they were left over from johnaec, who died of bone cancer about 10yrs ago. Legend has it that his ghost still haunts his old home, and can be heard at night wandering the home, muttering “Where are my F**king keys, and who keeps adjusting the toe-in on my speakers???” Apparently, he never put the two together

Quote Originally Posted by HCSGuy View Post
    Well, the keys weren’t mine - they were left over from johnaec, who died of bone cancer about 10yrs ago. Legend has it that his ghost still haunts his old home, and can be heard at night wandering the home, muttering “Where are my F**king keys, and who keeps adjusting the toe-in on my speakers???” Apparently, he never put the two together
    😂

I found dog food kibbles inside a pair of Sonus Faber Cremonas. The PO keep dog food out and told me he had a problem with squirrels.

Thread Information