Have a pair of JBL 4365 that I have owned for a number of years. Typically I have used SS amplification on them and currently have a pair of AVM Audio Amp Essential monoblocks on them.

However, I have been a tube user for a long long time. I spent over a decade using SET amps, but found that these speakers did not care for a 300B based amp I had at all.

The question is, will these speakers work well with higher powered SET amplification, amps with 845, 211, or 572 tubes? From searching I have done there is no consensus about the compatibility of this kind of pairing. A person cannot just run downtown and grab a pair of 211 based amps. Some feel the JBL woofer does not respond to well to tubes in general, but if it had to be done it would be with a higher powered push pull design. Others say SET will work if the output transformers can pass enough current without saturation. Another group says don't bother stick with SS.

So I thought I would talk with the JBL crowd and get your thoughts and experiences with these speakers and drivers.

So please chime in and let me what you know. Thanks in advance!