Hi,

I was originally thinking of building a set of 4367 after selling the M2's due to size limitations. I then stumbled on some passive LSR6332 monitors which are smaller in size and I really like the very neutral sound in the room I will be using them. So, the 4367 gear will be passed on for someone else to have some building fun.

I know the 6332's don't really need subs but I do happen to have a pair of LSR6312 active subs not being used so it would be ashamed to not pair them with the 6332's.

What would be the best combo for them? I plan to place them on top of each other (pillar) and the question is how to blend them?

There are a number of alternatives and all input is much welcome.

Use the 6312 built in active filters to feed the power amp for the 6332’s and using the woofer in the 6332 above 80Hz as per the 6312 filters?

Let both woofers go “full range” with the 6312 falling off at 80Hz with its built-in filters and no external LP filter on the 6332. Ie feeding both the active 6312 sub and the amps for the 6332's the same signal?

Use external active XO/DSP feeding the 6312 and 6332 adjusted signals and if so what would be the best combination. I do have a few BSS DSP’s laying around and could easily incorporate one of them.

I often find that a mono signal for the subs works better as there is limited directionality below 60-80Hz anyway. Maybe mono signal to the 6312’s below 60Hz bypassing the built-in active filters and full range to the 6332’s?

I saw an old picture of a Harman listening room with 6332’s and they had some subs in the corners but I could not see what model and have no idea how they were connected.

Only for two channel music use.

What say you?

Kind regards
//Rob