Thank you Ian and once again, EarlK...

Ian, I think I am getting what you're saying. Currently I have some 8cubic ft enclosures in storage that will be used as preliminary enclosures for the bass. In regard to the tops, I guess that is where I will start experimenting with different sizes etc, especially after I get my mic and can make quality observations with actual data on my end. I'm trying to learn a bit more about measurements as well as looking at the testing techniques etc, Troels does on his site as per EarlKs suggestions.

- I don't see the existing bass cabinet being the end game, and would likely build a more sufficient bass enclosure when I finalize things.

- Should have considered a sonotube attached to a baffle as being a quicker, more adaptable way to experiment with a Mid enclosure during testing, as I have no test boxes really at this point.

EarlK, I went back and found the comment. It was in "assuming the pricing isn't a bait and switch". It's in the past. I was eager to try them (12BR70), but it is what it is. I'm going to look at crossover components this week and see what kind of prices I get for building them. Using an electronic cross on the bass sounds like it'll definitely save me some $.

- What wattage resistors and what gauge coils should I be looking at getting?

- I just looked and they have 4.7mH but not 4.8mH... close enough? I only know Solen, PE, and Parts Connexion for sources of parts.

- Is it best to use just cheap caps for now? Electrolytic? Or go with some Solen films?

Thanks again... More often than not I get cold feet about stepping into a project but thanks to you folk and some silent, albeit generous members, I've got little excuse to take the plunge. Many thanks, and hope everyone has a good day! Much appreciated.