Hi there, I always worry I am in wrong subforum, so feel free to move if needed and apologies.

I am planning a 3 way using 2245, 2251J and a 1" yet to be determined. As it stands now, I have some 8 cubic foot ported cabs for the 2245, and am looking to put an enclosure into service for the 2251J soon. I need to determine a few things first on that. These will not necessarily be permanent and am considering what enclosure route to choose. I am not sure if I will use my DSP active system, or try to pursue a passive crossover yet, if that matters.

Is there any benefit to the all in one large wide cabinet like the 4345 uses? I'm guessing baffle size still plays some factor in low end response? Is utilizing separates like some others and Greg Timbers uses in his Array horned system better?

Reality is that I'll never make an exact 4345 replica for various reasons, but would like to know if it's worth pursuing a large all in one cabinet or separates? And what role of any baffle step would play in going from one large baffle to lower profile separates. Thanks in advance.