Thread: 4350 Subwoofer

4350 Subwoofer

Hello, any one have experience with subwoofers for the 4350's? I tried some old cheap ones just for kicks. I know there needed for movies but not sure for listening. Probably good for pipe organ. Does it add or subtract in you opinion? Any other post about this? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KTG View Post
    Hello, any one have experience with subwoofers for the 4350's? I tried some old cheap ones just for kicks. I know there needed for movies but not sure for listening. Probably good for pipe organ. Does it add or subtract in you opinion? Any other post about this? Thanks
    Hi yeah I use a pair of Aura 1808 18" Subs with 4350's. It is an improvement. I crossover around 70hz from the 18" to the twin 15's then 250 (i think) to the HF section. So I'm triamping. I've got a Crown k1 (550wpc in 4 ohms, damping factor 3000) on the subs a 100 watt sansui and the 15's and i use various low power tube amps on the highs(leak stero 20, Radford sta15 etc). I'd definetely like to get more power on the subs and the 15s though.
    The 15s provide nice punch in the midbass range but for sub-bass the Auras are just really smooth, deep, and add to scale of the sound even more. I tried not using the 15's and crossing over from the sub to the highs, but the 15s do midbass much better than the Aura 18. So that's how i like it. The Aura's are beasts though, some of the best subs you can get I think.

I don't listen to pipe organ music but anything with some punchy deep bass it's an improvement. I've always liked the bass on the 4350 (much better than my 4343) and I just did it initially beacuse i was running out of space and needed to prop the 4350s up on the subs. So i thought may as well try it. I thought it was going to be overkill, but it was good. Give it a go.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information