Thread: What is the reasonable price for a pair of TEAC JBL 250Ti

What is the reasonable price for a pair of TEAC JBL 250Ti

Hello,
    We are moving and don't have a space to bring there with us. We haven't use them lately, and I think one of the middle subwoofer will need to be re-foamed.
    Any idea what would be the best way to do that? Or should I just try to sell them as is? And what is the reasonable price for them?
    We are in Santa Barbara, CA area.
    Thanks!

I'll chime in. I am assuming your Teak 250Ti's are unrestored, meaning they could use a little clean up, and the tweeters have not been refoamed. Also, I do not know what you mean by "Middle Subwoofer", but the 14" woofers on your speakers will need to have the foam replaced periodically. The speaker above the 14" is a 8" midbass, which has a cloth surround and won't need refoaming, but if there is a problem with this driver, it's a much bigger deal, as the 250 is the only model it was used in, so there is no inventory of spares laying around. A failure of one of these drivers will hurt the value more than of the woofers. If these assumptions are correct, and the speakers are clean otherwise, I'd probably ask $1,900 obo and see what kind of response you get - if you get 20 calls, you'll know you're a little under, and you can suggest that the "obo" means people can offer more I don't think the Teak ones ever go for more than about $2,500 restored, hence my guess on value. A common problem with those speakers is people dragging them and chipping off the veneer at the bottom of the enclosure. If yours are like this, and the speakers all have to be refreshed, you may end up with $500 or so less than my guess. If you haven't oiled the cabinets, get some Howard's feed and wax, or Mahoney's walnut oil - either will go miles to making them look better.

Post some pics here, and you may get advice, or an offer.
    That the internet contains a blog documenting your life does not constitute proof that your existence is valid. Sorry.

Thread Information