Hello everyone I just joined, though I've been reading your lovely forum for quite some time. I recently was finally able to get a pair of JBL L100 century speakers from their original owner. I've been looking for a pair for a long while but was never ever able to find any with cabinets in the condition I wanted until now. Everything about the speakers was great except the original foam grills were long since deteriorated and the original owner replaced them with grill cloth, it looks nice but its just plain black. So I have ordered some replacement quadrex ones in blue. The foam around the tweeters was long since crumbled away so I got some replacements for those as well. However on one of the tweeters when I was trying to remove the old plastic film the original foam was attached to I accidently broke the VC wire on one side. I have some copper wires in the same gauge, can I just splice a new wire in? or am I screwed and have to rebuild the whole thing? I have a picture of it but I don't think I have permission to post photos I think.

Thank you,
-Jess