Hello fellow JBL fans,

I’m hoping one of our sage members can help me with a few questions, please.

First, I’d like to replace the capacitors and L pads in my L100s and 4311s. I’m not looking for an upgrade or anything fancy, just replacing the components with high quality modern-day components. My hope is to maintain the sound characteristics of the original speakers. I searched the site and am aware the caps are 3 and 8 uf, but I’ve never seen anything about the voltage spec. Does anyone what that spec is? Also, what brand are considered high quality and where can I buy them? Unfortunately, the many links I’ve found here to companies that sell them are now dead. Similar questions for the L pads. Are there quality components out there and who sells them? I know they should be 8 ohms, but should I also consider linear vs audio taper? Again, the goal is to duplicate the original specs to the degree possible.

I also want replace the push-spring connectors used to connect speaker wire with quality, gold plated 5-way binding posts. There are numerous companies that sell them but I assume the dimensions are important so they fit properly. I’m fine with drilling out the hole to accommodate a larger diameter connector, but should the overall length, and the length of the connector inside and external to the speaker be considered too?

Many thanks in advance.