Thread: Acquired a pair of stands for my 4430 Speakers

Acquired a pair of stands for my 4430 Speakers

Recently was able to snatch up a pair of these, the original maker made a couple of small runs of these perhaps 5-6 years back. A first version with rounded corners, and then these which I had gotten with sharp corners.
    I think the sharp corners look better IMO.

I happened to run into the stands and the maker with a simple 4430 search in another forum I belong to.
    He confided that he didn't have any on hand to sell, and unlikely would ever make any more of them, but sold a couple pair to a friend who never used them for a project, and did not own any 4430 speakers.

In communication with his friend, he offered them to me at a very fair price, the price he paid for them, and the additional costs of shipping.

These are of course designed and specific for the 4430, raise the speakers approx 5", and have the option of installing Casters. As for installing Glides for a Carpeted Floor, might be difficult to find such, but I could always make another lower Flat Bottom Base, that these stands could be placed upon and then implement the use of some Gliders so they would be easier to move around in either setting. I'm think Casters just might be too wobbly and unstable on wall to wall carpeted floors that have foam padding underneath.

A slightly wider Bottom slightly wider and deeper might hold advantage. The 4430 I have noticed is a front heavy speaker.

Here's some pics for illustration purposes, might prove to be some help for others with other speakers who might like constructing something similar.

Name:  DSC_5121.jpg
Views: 389
Size:  58.2 KBName:  DSC_5126.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  43.8 KBName:  DSC_5132.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  45.1 KB

Of course these stands aren't very high tech. I didn't expect them to be for what I paid for them.

At one time, Sound Anchors had a list in their catalog (dealer gotten) which had listings for a number of JBL Speakers, but not any more.

And I'd suspect if I picked up the phone and tried ordering a pair to my custom specs, as far as height, how the speakers sit upon them, no tilt, (who would want tilt with the larger monitors?) And then what, Spikes, or no spikes and try dragging them around across a floor? $850?, $950? $1050? No thanks! For what, filled with "fairy dust" that makes them so much better and I'll cross into some magic audio-heaven? LOL Sure, dream on.

I'm a damn good welder, but don't have access at present to such equipment. That I could make a pair of Sound Anchor Clones close enough, fill them with sand, or lead shot, thread the bottoms for any sort of Spikes if desired. If that really does anything with such low stout stands which might be only 4"-5" in height.

I know how to draw up a blueprint design, take simple measurements, and was a welder for 15 years out of 30 years of mechanical service at Amtrak. I personally paid more than enough dues on the job.

And then also, go take a peek at the big auction site, and punch up Kenrick. $2200-$2400, no thanks. That's a whole lot more than I paid for the speakers! Like $800 more. I'll pass.

If I start spending such excesses of money for fluff, then about all I can say is I'm a very sick person who belongs in a rubber room.

These stands I bought, who knows, they just might not work out? I sort of doubt that, but in NM I simply had each speaker sitting upon eight 2" thick 12x12 concrete pavers, giving me a jacked height of 4". A 24"x24" bottom footprint. When I moved, they became part of a walkway path off the porch. I wasn't about to haul such cheap dead weight almost 1700 miles when I moved,

Thread Information