Thread: Model 19 cabinet internals

Model 19 cabinet internals

Hi All, I am about to start making some Model 19 cabinets but so far have been unable to find any photographs, or diagrams, of the insides of the cabinets. I am interested in seeing what kind of internal supports and baffling there is in the official cabinetry. Thanks so much in advance for anyone who is able to help out. Rohan

Hello Rohan, welcome to the forum. https://greatplainsaudio.com/gpa-vin...cabinet-plans/ doesn't show much bracing, except the long piece on the back. When I had the woofers out of mine I don't remember anything significant in there. I always thought the main problem with the model 19 cabinet was the way the top section mounted to the lower section. It was bolted in there but thought it could have been better. I don't have them anymore but hopes this helps. Please show progress if you make them.

Thanks,
    Scott

Found this, note the left and right bolt holes on the top of the lower cabinet that held the top section on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Rohan View Post
    I am about to start making some Model 19 cabinets
    https://greatplainsaudio.com/gpa-vin...cabinet-plans/

Hi Rohan, 19 are are very cool speakers, pure classic!
    Personally like them for aesthetical reasons very much and I'm very exited now about Your project - years ago was on purchase them to restore , some buyer was quicker.
    There is few of them in Europe...

Have You plan replicate everything till last bolt?

Just looking on these cabs with today's eye - how well 4367 Lens and 2216Nd would fit in there...

Quote Originally Posted by srm51555 View Post
    Found this
    srm51555,
    what hole is on the floor of older cab on Your pic? I found it on old cab.plans as well.
    Wire terminals!?
    ... just makeing wires income for my project from bottom as well - to keep backwall clean . Had 19 already this, really!?

The hole in the floor of the cabinet is indeed for the wire terminals. The optional riser keeps the terminals elevated from the floor of the room when used in floorstanding configuration.
    - Jeff

Hi, thanks so much for the replies. I will definitely post some updates as they happen. I have acquired the 811b horns, no drivers yet, and have the material for the cabinets. I am a furniture maker currently and will use thick cut American Walnut veneer over plywood. I was certainly thinking about modifying the way the top and bottom cabinets connect so I’ll investigate the potential of glueing the two together rather than bolting them. Any wires connecting through that area can be threaded through a routed hole. I am looking forward to getting fully immersed in the project. Thanks again

Thread Information