Thread: Powerd LSR types - What is the quality and sound of the built in amplifiers?

Powerd LSR types - What is the quality and sound of the built in amplifiers?

Interested...
    "Why don't you Mine your own Bismuth, so you won't be mining mine?"

Hey how have you been??

I realize these are not LSR's but I expect them to be similar or better.

I have a pair of M 308 MK 2. I use them with a 550P subwoofer crossed at 80Hz using an M552 crossover. Source is an Ipod. I have this at work and get quite a bit of listening time on this small system.

I listen near field and really enjoy them. I don't get to push them hard that often but they hold up well for the price. I don't have any noise issues, I have heard some people having some issues with noise but mine are fine.

It really depends on how loud you want to listen and how big the space is. In my mind you really need to add a subwoofer to both extend the low end and take the burden off the internal amps. If you go loud the dynamics seem to flatten out a bit which is expected with only 56 watts to drive them per driver.

There is a review over on ASR

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/f...-review.17338/

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

I can personally only speak to the oldest and smallest of the bunch, the LSR305 which has been replaced by the 305P-MkII.

My first pair of LSR305s so impressed me that I immediately bought another pair to hoard! The quality of the sound and the rather incredible sound-stage they provide with the wave-guide provides a level of sound fairly unbelievable for a speakers of its size. The amps are supposedly Class D 40-watt with two amps in each cabinet. Some have complained of near-field hum or buzz at low levels but I've not had that problem in either of my pair. I love the look on listeners' faces in a room with 4412A, or L5 and LSR305s when I tell them which speakers they are listening to. They're very impressive for a two-way with a 5-inch "woofer".

Whether or not that answers your question on the quality of the amps, I have no idea. Are you interested in using the amps other than in these speakers?
    ". . . as you have no doubt noticed, no one told the 4345 that it can't work correctly so it does anyway."—Greg Timbers

I like the sound but I'm disappointed with the durability. The amp in my LSR310 failed and I was unable to find a decent avenue for repair. I'd recommend checking out what people in the home studio space have to say about durability of the many, many powered monitors out there. Also, use whatever speakers you buy a lot during the warranty period.

I have a 305P-MkII that has been in use every day for over a year.

Did not have any problems.
    43XX (2235-2123-2450-2405-CC 3155)5235-4412-4406-4401-L250-18Ti-L40-S109 Aquarius lV-C38 (030) 305P MkII

LSR6328P, pretty much bulletproof, bi-amped and powerful, can see why they were popular nearfield monitors in studios.
    LSR6312SP, excellent also, paired with the LSR6328s it is an excellent setup. The protection does a good job also, and using the bass-port as a heatsink for the amp is again brilliant.

Both of these with the original/included room equalization mic and tone CD can be set up very flat, I have absolutely no complaints and highly recommend them.
    - Jeff

I bought a pair of the first gen LSR305s for my GF four or five years ago. She uses them for several hours every day and they have been 100% reliable and sound shockingly good for such a small and inexpensive speaker.

Widget

Thread Information