Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Audio Writers Are Killing the Audio Industry

Hello D47

I don't know about that I do lots of live shows and the biggest group is 25-30 and it's shoulder to shoulder in many of the shows

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello D47

I don't know about that I do lots of live shows and the biggest group is 25-30 and it's shoulder to shoulder in many of the shows

Rob
    Was it Halloween? Just wondering how you got in? �� Lol.....

I mean it’s a fair question.

Quote Originally Posted by Robh3606 View Post
    Hello D47

Rob
    I attended quite a few performances in theater and warehouse venues before the Covid disaster started. The warehouse sites have closed and are up for sale, but the Castle Theater is about to start up again. Problem is, the attendance at these venues was geezers like me; almost zero twenty-somethings and younger in attendance. Thirty-somethings rarely. Like I said, slow death by extinction. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing. The only bright spot was that women around her are avid concert goers given the opportunity. Just as old as the guys, but it is something.

I'll be seeing Walter Trout in a few weeks if it happens. We will see what the demographic is.
    Information is not Knowledge; Knowledge is not Wisdom
    Too many audiophiles listen with their eyes instead of their ears

I wonder if the jazz venues on Chicago are still going?

One of the side issues is that certain demographics rely those live shows for a social touch point. Without it and leads to isolation and ultimately mental health decline.

Some venues locally are streaming live acts but it’s not the same as being in the audience.

I think it’s more about the genre of a particular band than being a live venue. In Melbourne the Jazzlab and Bennett’s Lane always had a mix of sub 30’s through to over 50’s. The younger crowd really dig great acts like James Morrison, Renee Geyer, Wilbur Wild and Brian Cadd. Santana has frequented these types of venues after his own gig here.

I always enjoyed stopping over at Chicago and visiting the jazz clubs. Same with Boston and Memphis.

I don’t see an issue with some of the Online YouTube casters like Audiophiliac doing interviews with done industry identities. I think John Darko has a reputable site and some YouTube casting for HeadFi.

Back to some of the core issues sighted in that article if you take two audio manufacturers like Audio Research and Manley they have innovated in the way products interact with modern digital sources but the analog circuits remain true to classical designs.

The way the products are voiced has changed subtly over a long period of time but the are what they are and people remain loyal to these brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducatista47 View Post
    I attended quite a few performances in theater and warehouse venues before the Covid disaster started. The warehouse sites have closed and are up for sale, but the Castle Theater is about to start up again. Problem is, the attendance at these venues was geezers like me; almost zero twenty-somethings and younger in attendance. Thirty-somethings rarely. Like I said, slow death by extinction. Maybe it's a Midwestern thing. The only bright spot was that women around her are avid concert goers given the opportunity. Just as old as the guys, but it is something.

I'll be seeing Walter Trout in a few weeks if it happens. We will see what the demographic is.
    Hello D47

We have similar issues here as well. One of my favorite venues has closed and relocated without an in house performance space. Other's not sure what their status is. The venues I frequent are small 100-1000, standing room only. These small spaces offer the emerging artists a place to perform with really intimate contact with their fans. There are meet and greats after every show, merch tables and very inexpensive tickets for admission. It's a cheap night out with live music. It's a really fun night out!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Thread Information