Quote Originally Posted by Ian Mackenzie View Post
Hi Rob,

I think your post while well informed is too sweeping in your generalised view point of what people know or don’t know or should know if they are serious about diy.

So you saying you expect people to be aware of or have read Tooles book so they can understand your post? I haven’t read it.

I can say that people who are serious about diy in other words have the means are not necessarily tech savvy in a highly detailed sense. They are generally self aware enough to get trusted advice.

The issue with you is what you think people are expected to know about Tooles Book. That’s a bit arrogant.

If you were to rephrase that to l encourage people to read Tooles book on your journey to becoming serious about diy it might be better received.
Hello Ian

Well I looked at your post about less that 1% knowing how to do a proper measurement as under estimating a persons knowledge and skills. My general view is people are a lot more knowledgeable than that. Every audio forum I have been on has had numerous discussions and still regularly do about Tooles book. So any poster or reader participating on any of these forums would have been exposed to these posts and at least be aware of the books existence.

It certainly is not a prerequisite for understanding my posts and at no time have I ever said that.

So I am not expecting anything beyond the exposure they would get from these discussions which are actually quite frequent.

If you think I am arrogant because I think people are more informed and capable than you seem to think I can live with that.

" But the diy guy only thinks Flat response."

JMHO Again under estimating knowledge and skills.

Rob