Hey Hey,

i am a newbie who recently got into Audio and who just discovered this nice board here I got myself a JBL 6230 and some 4311´s which I recently recapped. Sound is awesome, detailled and cristal clear but never too much. I use a Bozak CMA as a pre-amp. Since I had this amp, I´ve always used it with a power conditioner. It was dead quite - I now changed the setup and use the conditioner now for my dvd player. With the 6230 turned on now, I can hear a faint sizzling-buzzing sound. I never heard that sound before, could that be because i stopped using the conditioner and is that something i would have to expect from an old amp like the 6230? I´ve recently read that i´m better off not using the condironer for amps because of the 0,5 output it has? Not sure what that means but yea, i thought maybe you guys can help. My friend also has a 6230 and hears sizzling/buzzing sounds. We both live in 120 year old houses with old electrics - could this be a reason?

Also, i really can´t hear any difference when i hook up my Marantz 2270, what is wrong with me? Can a pro amp like that be compared to classic hi-fi amps/receiver ?

cheers!
marmelbirne