Thread: using JBL passive crossovers with JBL 8 ohm horn drivers?

using JBL passive crossovers with JBL 8 ohm horn drivers?

I have 2 different spare JBL crossovers I'd like to use. I know I read an older post about this before?
    One crossover is from a JBL sp212-9 that uses a 8 ohm 2206 on the low and a 16 ohm 2447 on the high if I'm correct?
    I bought it used and would like to use it on a build. I have 2206 8 ohm speakers to use. I want to use the 8 ohm 2432 1.4" JBL driver on the highs. I believe this crossover is set at 1200hz?
    That would change if I use it with the 8 ohm horn, right? Will it be too low?
    Again the same question if I use a spare JBL 3120a 1200hz crossover with the other 8 ohm 2432 horn driver I have. What would the frequency change to?
    I may just wire them direct for bi-amping and use a spare Crown XTI1002 amp with built in crossovers. I thought it might be nice to have onboard crossovers as I have them laying right here. So maybe I'll add a switch or mechanical means to go from passive to bi-amp. The JBL AM series speaker I have has to be changed inside to go between passive and active anyways.
    Thanks for any help...

Simply considering impedance is oversimplifying the application of passive crossovers. Yes, impedance absolutely matters, but a well designed crossover is so much more complicated than a simple slope and -3dB point for a given driver impedance.

Widget

Thread Information