Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: JBL, 2225H can it be used in a hifi speaker setup?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    I bet! Thanks for sharing... always fun to see what everyone is up to. Widget
    Still have that Marantz that you sold me, long ago! The 2225 has incredible mid range and better than the 2245/2206 combo I was running before. I've been listening to a lot of Johnny Cash lately and the clarity just blows me away!The 2245 had better bottom but this is very good.

That just looks fun.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

No wonder they were running!!!! LOL bet it sounds great! So you like to have the occasional blast session?? Your not alone!

Rob
    "I could be arguing in my spare time"

Yeah, I like to crank it up on the weekends and go outside to do my yard work lol! The cabs are crap but well built particle board braced with 2x4 and fiber glassed. I built them in 84 when I was 28 and were based out of a JBL booklet that I found but just guessed on the ports from what was suggested. They don't match to what is in the "JBL PROFESSIONAL ENCLOSURE GUIDE" for 8 cu ft so I don't know what guide I used. Now I know how to figure out actual cabinet tunning and had to block 2 of the ports to get them close to 40hz!

Quote Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
    Still have that Marantz that you sold me, long ago!
    Great to hear!
    I'm not sure I have much of the same gear I was using then. Thinking about it, it may be time for me to simplify things a bit.

I love the rough and tumble look of your system. It looks badass.

Widget

Very cool looking set up! Reminds me of my own. Where did you get that entertainment center? I'd be looking to get something very similar, seeing as I'll have four amplifiers to find a home for fairly soon, not to mention everything else I've got to find a home for. One cabinet will no longer do. However, I'd like something that offers some height as bending over or getting on my knees to clean records and the stylus of my turntable every time I play a side isn't something that will encourage said turntable to gather dust.

I built the rack myself out of 3/4 mdf. 3 bays of 14 space but the rails are 12 space centered. I started with some feet on the bottom but when I put the amps in it would flex in the center so I took them off and just slide it on the floor if I need to get behind it. Our hardwood is trash so I don't really care but I should glue a large piece of felt on the bottom, LOL! Thanks and thank you too Widget.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Widget View Post
    Great to hear! I'm not sure I have much of the same gear I was using then. Thinking about it, it may be time for me to simplify things a bit. I love the rough and tumble look of your system. It looks badass. Widget
    I'm attached to these 2225s like 1st born but not the cabinets. The cabs are well built with 2x4, screws & glue but are particle board junk and will get destroyed after I build new ones for my 2216Nds that I have (4!). I agree that the cabs match the floors with the clear fiberglass but they do have black grills that i keep on them.

I little video of my 2225's. This should change any myth about not being useful for HiFi. Listen on your pc, not phone btw. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cuxi8A_g...V0BcIm7FZyr00/

Quote Originally Posted by maxwedge View Post
    I little video of my 2225's. This should change any myth about not being useful for HiFi. Listen on your pc, not phone btw. https://www.instagram.com/p/Cuxi8A_g...V0BcIm7FZyr00/
    Hi Scott,

Nice to see all the love for the venerable 2225. ( I would never cut-out cones from a well-working 2225 just to recone to 2235's >> that's just plain silly in my world >> especially when one has pristine Voice-coils wound by those US-based magicians located in CA )

BTW; Your video doesn't appear to be active at that link ( + I would like to hear it ).

Here's what I see;
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm an Instagram rookie, It seems that I can't share a video via a link. Well see if this works but It might not be viewable because I'm playing Jimi Hendrix! Copyrighted material! https://youtu.be/lfVKZe79tAA

Thanks!!

Wow! Sounds Great on my little powered Roland AV-cubes.

That setup has excellent live sound dynamics and true tone.

Now I wish I had room for double 2225's.

BTW, love the opening tour with the camera coming through from the back yard.

Thanks Earl, I don't have room for them either LOL! I had them pretty well cranked but there was more to be had! Easily 3 db more but that was loud. The bottom two 15's are boosting the bottom and start rolling off around 80Hz @ 12db/oct. The cabs are not ideal as the woofers share the same space but they are together where it matters, down low and I have no cone excursion issues higher up. Using a steep HP at 34Hz 48db/oct. This is all temporary until I build cabs for my 2216Nd's but I sure like the "helper woofer" design.

How high will the 2241 play? Specs look interesting for a...two way?

In my unhumble opinion they don’t sound good past 300 Hz.

You might be able to make a two way something that doesn’t play super loud with a big horn like the 2360 or 2365 horn but cramming a 12” in the middle would be my preference.

Barry.
    If we knew what the hell we were doing, we wouldn't call it research would we.

Thread Information